7782 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

This question was intended for Collis originally but anyway here you go :)

from: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/a-question-of-ethics-or-contributory-copyright-theft-/81015?page=4

“The user interface/site usability expert. I remember you promised to hire someone who knows about this stuff. After sometime I’ve checked the envato team page and noticed there was/is a UX position listed, Justin French as UX Lead.

But I saw no particular improvements to the marketplace usability after that. Yes there were some changes here and there, sometime with no particular logic that we can understand, but nothing I, and maybe others, expected from staff dedicated to this issue. (ratings, shopping cart … )

Now the Justin French had been delegated to other mansions like this mysterious “Author Product Owner” position :)

But what about the important topic of user experience? When someone will dedicate his time to this issue and when we will start to see the results?”

536 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Hi doru, a big part of my role is still understanding the problems and prioritising the work. As you will have seen over the last few days, that work can/will be UX related :)

We’ll be hiring for another UX Designer early in the new year, but in the meantime, we’ve identified plenty of areas for improvement, and we have other designers and developers with a keen eye for this stuff.

7782 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Thank You for the answer. I’m not sure if you know this but there are plenty of forum threads made in the past with many suggestions on how to improve the marketplace.

We don’t do this anymore but we used to debate very detailed any particular feature someone believed could had been good for the website. I believe those debates can be very helpful in understanding how to make this place better for everyone. If you have time search the forum for those threads or ask here and I will try to find some of them myself.

6086 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@doru, I think kingdog is already doing the job of collecting suggestions and promoting it to right staff. So it is obvious that if something not available after a long time, it simply means such features are contradicting their business strategy – not necessarily they don’t aware or not having resource to implement.

For example, rating system at its current form is not actually helping buyers but only manages to attack the authors. The Amazon style rating display is much easier to implement but wont be helpful to keep authors “afraid” about each sale / buyer. So that will never be available here. Even we can’t imagine about shopping cart. In private companies, “growth” is measured only by own favorite criteria – not in terms is efficiency of service! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by