• Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
stmcan says

Hey Guys,

I’ve two ideas about the dashboard and file updates. Forgive me if they’re discussed before.

Regarding the file updates, wouldn’t be really great if an email sends to buyer when a file updated.

The other one about a dashboard message that we can manage ourselfs. Summer is comming, most of the authors will go to holiday for a while. So maybe we can put a vacation message to all of our item’s dashboard automaticly. Maybe it prevent bad ratings a little bit.

Thanks for reading

962 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
webdesigndeluxe says

The first idea is a great one but has been discussed many times. I would love to see both of these ideas become in affect. Hopefully Envato will make these happen someday :)

+1

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
Hey Guys,

I’ve two ideas about the dashboard and file updates. Forgive me if they’re discussed before.

Regarding the file updates, wouldn’t be really great if an email sends to buyer when a file updated.

The other one about a dashboard message that we can manage ourselfs. Summer is comming, most of the authors will go to holiday for a while. So maybe we can put a vacation message to all of our item’s dashboard automaticly. Maybe it prevent bad ratings a little bit.

Thanks for reading

+1 for – Email when the author update his files. (has been discussed)

But why the devs need to spend more hours building a custom system to send Vacation Messages if Gmail can handle this perfectly ;)

\\

160 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
stmcan says
Hey Guys,

Thanks for reading

+1 for – Email when the author update his files.

But why the devs need to spend more hours building a custom system to send Vacation Messages if you can do it perfectly wirh Gmail ;)

Sure, i can use gmail but i’m talking about a static dashboard message! We can put it to all our item’s manually but i have 18 items and it will be disapear after new comments. Item details page is not good for it because buyers are not looking there, they’re jumping the dashboard.

615 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
+4 more
Kriesi says

That would be so cool! I remember when I was on vacation the last time I posted the message on every one of my items and every two days went to the internet cafe to repost them, since newer messages from other users pushed my vacation notice back to page 2 :D

148 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
enstyled says

+1 for both ideas.

I am sure the buyers would be really happy to be notified for updates, perhaps with an option to turn it off form the profile settings.

A message for vacations and time offs in general would be really handy too!

by
by
by
by
by
by