187 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

Hi,

I’m trying to build a simple vCard that I want to code in html and css. But first, design is the most important thing. So I’m asking you guys and gals for feedback if I am on the right path with this first page. http://i.imgur.com/8C66y.png Is the typography/design/colors/visual hierarchy enough to get it accepted?

This is just the first page of the vCard. more to come, but am I on the right path?

Cheers!

Ciprian

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
StelianSubotin says

Hey Ciprian,

I see you have done some improvements since i saw the vcard last time, but there is still a big room for improvement.

1. Fonts. I think you should use a font pair in your design. Read more here: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/typography-articles/a-beginners-guide-to-pairing-fonts/

2. Font Sizes. I think you are using too many size variations. I can spot the following font sizes: 10px, 12px, 14px and 24px. That’s too much. Try to use only 2, at most 3.

3. Color Palette. I am not sure that is the best combination of colors. I see black, 2 variations of gray and cyan. I believe you can find some nice color palettes on dribbble.

4. Graphics. That blurred “hire me” icon is awful. Also, the icons near that “hire me” sections are too small, and i think black isn’t an appropriate color for them.

5. Social Media Icons. I think social media icons play a minor graphic role in the layout, especially in a layout of small size, that is why there shouldn’t be that “flipped” effect on the Youtube and Twitter icons. I also think that if you really want to write the names of social networks the icons belong to, then it shouldn’t be colorful as it is now.

Overall, i think you will eventually get that submitted, but i’d say you should browse for some nice examples of vcards on Dribbble, and read some theory articles on: webdesign.tutsplus.com

Bafta!

187 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

Hey Ciprian,

I see you have done some improvements since i saw the vcard last time, but there is still a big room for improvement.

1. Fonts. I think you should use a font pair in your design. Read more here: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/typography-articles/a-beginners-guide-to-pairing-fonts/

2. Font Sizes. I think you are using too many size variations. I can spot the following font sizes: 10px, 12px, 14px and 24px. That’s too much. Try to use only 2, at most 3.

3. Color Palette. I am not sure that is the best combination of colors. I see black, 2 variations of gray and cyan. I believe you can find some nice color palettes on dribbble.

4. Graphics. That blurred “hire me” icon is awful. Also, the icons near that “hire me” sections are too small, and i think black isn’t an appropriate color for them.

5. Social Media Icons. I think social media icons play a minor graphic role in the layout, especially in a layout of small size, that is why there shouldn’t be that “flipped” effect on the Youtube and Twitter icons. I also think that if you really want to write the names of social networks the icons belong to, then it shouldn’t be colorful text as it is now.

Bafta!

That’s the most amazing feedback I’ve got so far. I really really appreciate it and will take it into consideration for the next version of the first page.

Multumesc!

by
by
by
by
by
by