• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

I haven’t had a sale in almost two months part of that is my fault as I’ve not had time to submit any new items.

Looking at the site this morning I see that there are just over 1,080+ vectors on the website that have not been purchased at least once. There are also several that have few sales.

Are vectors a bad use of time in the market place for sellers or are we missing the mark on what is needed?

I’m wondering about the idea of bundles or a “Now on Sale” weekly feature that authors can submit their files to. I know I’d rather get $1 a peice for some of my items then not get anything at all. This might have also helped with the flood of holiday items that came in.

Maybe there can be a theme? While the e-mails and blog help point out some files (which is appriciated) it doesn’t help bring sales to the items that just aren’t being purchased.

I’d love to hear what others think or ideas that maybe the market place might be able to do to get these items sold or even removed from the site.

Maybe Envato can have items that haven’t sold in the last 6 months be moved over to sales spot and after 8 months without sales pulled?

Just some random thoughts.

212 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
JeffOakley says

+1 for the ‘now on sale’ weekly idea.

I think this would be quite good. Maybe there should be a limit though whereby only items with less than (for example) 50 sales can be nominated…? ...not sure, but probably the best way would be a submission form of some sort similar to the one for submitting free files of the month, and then the staff choosing / deciding on which files are ‘on sale’ for the week. Could be a limit of 10 files, 20 files…

We do have the bargain bin collection over at ActiveDen http://activeden.net/collections/329247-bargain-bin, but I’m not sure how often it gets visited and how often the items are changed.

by
by
by
by
by
by