2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

As you may have noticed, we just rolled out a small price increase on the GraphicRiver vectors category. Anything that was $4 or less got a $1 increase, while anything $5 and over got a $2 bump. Over the last few years, the quality of vectors on GraphicRiver has greatly improved, not to mention the selection. Authors are always evolving to better fit the customers’ needs. Despite the improvements, the average file price has stayed about the same.

We felt that this increase was the perfect balance between helping our authors earn more and still being a great value for buyers. When authors earn more, they’re able to spend more time creating great files, so it’s a win/win for everyone!

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
dekurvajo says

I never talk against any of section here, but i just like to ask quetly the next, if it matters anything:
Add-on prices are slightly lower now compare to vectors. But to be honest, creating an Add-on or a static illustration on 1 page is’t the same thing. Moreover, the demand is much higher for the Add-ons, and its also require a bit deeper level of knowledge of the program, comparing to illustrations. not incidentally Add-ons have no extended license anymore, so it was a “kinda” price cut. Add-ons also contains many times illustrations, textures, patterns, im not talking about all, but plenty. I agree with the price increasing, even if we can see that illustrations are not the most wanted things here on GR. But seems like soon Add-ons will be the most cheapest thing here on GR after backgrounds and other static things, which a bit strange i guess.

1434 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

I never talk against any of section here, but i just like to ask quetly the next, if it matters anything:
Add-on prices are slightly lower now compare to vectors. But to be honest, creating an Add-on or a static illustration on 1 page is’t the same thing. Moreover, the demand is much higher for the Add-ons, and its also require a bit deeper level of knowledge of the program, comparing to illustrations. not incidentally Add-ons have no extended license anymore, so it was a “kinda” price cut. Add-ons also contains many times illustrations, textures, patterns, im not talking about all, but plenty. I agree with the price increasing, even if we can see that illustrations are not the most wanted things here on GR. But seems like soon Add-ons will be the most cheapest thing here on GR after backgrounds and other static things, which a bit strange i guess.

+1 mate.

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Though vectors was one of the most out of line, it certainly isn’t the only item type that needs a second look. I agree that addons probably needs a look.

282 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
candeed says

....When authors earn more, they’re able to spend more time creating great files…

I think this is the most important line. :grin: Vector creators need to highlight, underline and make it bold.. Quality over quantity.

239 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
JRChild says

Definitely!!! Some of my add-ons got reduced in price recently. I thought it most unfair.

951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

+1 mate.

+1 to prepare a set of good Actions may require two/three weeks for the experiments, creation process and documentation, assuming that you already have a very good concept, otherwise just doesn’t payoff.

For Styles is the same, a lot of time to be prepared, super cheap to buy. fun to do but..doesn’t pay very much

282 posts
candeed says

Hey, why there’s no “YAY!” reply from vector authors ? :bigwink: LOL.

924 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

There are huge differences between the quality and styles of the vectors now. Ultimately a purchase will depend on exactly what the buyer is looking for. If a good quality premium style vector of a specific subject isn’t available, they have to buy lower quality, which is why quantity wins over quality in this category. It’s not easy to make sales with vector illustrations, but i keep making them because i love the process.

282 posts
candeed says

... i keep making them because i love the process.

Highlighted! :grin: Thumbs up for you, Jo ..

by
by
by
by
by
by