157 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
Elicabe says

The vectors are a problem… because are submitted individually, they are a flood in the principal pages, where we need exposure.

I know im so small to make a propossal like a “new vector site” but… a rule? like “no vector individual items, just in packs”?

I feel disapointed to submit new stuff and don’t get exposure.

112 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
DusskDesign says

I agree, a solution should be found. Ideal it would be a separate vector site. Because of so much content maybe a dividing solution would be reasonable for at least a category.

I think the authors on GR are getting the least exposure on the front page, sometimes less than an hour.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
gbs says

I think the authors on GR are getting the least exposure on the front page, sometimes less than an hour.

Yes that’s true. It’s a very short time. Especially when you have multiple items approved at the same time (and especially of the same category).

475 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

I agree to packs of the same character or graphic element doing/positioned/coloured differently.

Otherwise all we can see in “latest all items” is only one author with 30+different scenes of the same character, 20+items of silhouettes, 10+ items of cards and so on and on. Taking the vast majority of the first 5 pages.

And specially if those Items are duplicated in other market places within envato…

68 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Xiox says

I agree with everything said here. There are so many individual vectors posted so often that items just fly by the front page here on GraphicRiver. Having people actually notice your work on the front page is pretty difficult.

844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Completely agreed, but even more importantly than exposure of our own items on the front page I think is the image GR leaves. I’ve said this before in other threads:

Coming to GR used to wow you – so many awesome designs in so many different categories. It was oozing quality, a premium marketplace for nothing but the best. You came to browse for inspiration and to gaze at the amazing designs.

These days it just looks like a collection of clipart. I don’t even look at the front page, I just look at the categories I’m interested in.

That is in no way disrespectful to vector item authors. These have their place and their function. But they are different category of item. Not worse, not better, not less important … But different. They should have their own marketplace.

It’s like the showroom of the BMW dealer instead of showing the latest 7 series shows a bunch of nuts and bolts … Of course no car would work without these nuts and bolts, but they should be shown off in their own gallery…

Cheers

Chris

475 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

Packs would take off at least 50+ spaces for other authors (instead of just two) in the current “all new items” pages:

RAstudio -13 individual items of almost the same character..

Vadimmus – 8 individual items of same themed hearts, 7 individual items of the same character, 11 different packs of silhouettes that have been also submitted as individual items taking 23 spaces and so on and on, and had a look in his photo dune portfolio and there are the same vectors but as pictures.

I just find this over exaggerated. It used to be “Quality before quantity”.... not the other way around.

79 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
bangingthemes says

maybe to have a seperate section on the front page for each category?, so each category is getting its own exposure and not mixed, i dont really agree with the packs to be honest as it means someone has to buy a full pack at a higher price for just 1 single item that they may want, good for the seller but not really good for the buyer in my opinion

752 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+7 more
EladChai says

They should do some sort of slider for each category.

it will be much better, all in the same front page – but more!

Just click your desired category in the slider and it will switch the the new uploads.

157 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
Elicabe says

Somebody from the staff can participate?

by
by
by
by
by
by