15 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
InSeRiUs says

I’m here to ask for advice… months ago i have uploaded an after effect template. now i have a better version of this, with new optical flare, better camera movement, color control and more innovation. What should I do now? (because the project has a lot of improvements at the project level and with more video but it is basically the same, just a few changes in the visual field)

- remove the old project and upload the new - edit the old - upload the new and keep them both

(the hold have lot of sales, i i edit it whit the new will be shown in the home as if it were new?)

2047 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

Hi InSeRiUs,

if you edit it it won’t be at the frontpage again.

I guess it depends on the difference between the two projects. I’ve seen a thread on the forum where someones item got disabled because it was too similiar to his other item.

I’d advice you to take the new camera-movment and flares and change the basic project, so that it’s a whole new project and upload it, while keeping the other one.

90 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
comeero says

Update the existing project and mark it as updated. I think this would be the best way to go.

852 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

Since the project is essentially the same, only improved, the best thing to do in this case is revise the existing project.

Once you’ve finished the updates, upload the new files to the same item.

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i wish envato would auto-email us buyers whenever a project gets updated, for those of us who’ve bought a lot, there’s no way I’ll go manually check all the project file pages regularly to see if updates are posted… any chance of that happening? eg “hey your project (name) you bought last year was just updated, please redownload the new file version”

852 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

i wish envato would auto-email us buyers whenever a project gets updated, for those of us who’ve bought a lot, there’s no way I’ll go manually check all the project file pages regularly to see if updates are posted… any chance of that happening? eg “hey your project (name) you bought last year was just updated, please redownload the new file version”

That would be a good feature!

347 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
andrenavarre says

i wish envato would auto-email us buyers whenever a project gets updated [...] “hey your project (name) you bought last year was just updated, please redownload the new file version”

I agree and disagree with this… what do you guys think? If you bought the item and used it, there goes your single use license. The above statement I think should read… ”...an item you purchased a single use license for was just updated, please re-purchase the new file version if you are interested in using it again”.

No?

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

I’ve not yet used most of my projects I’ve bought; so yes any notification would be helpful. Out of hundreds I’ve bought because they look great, I’ve only used a few dozen in production. Other buyers are likely the same; we buy it but haven’t yet used a project, so being notified of updates would be helpful, if an author updates a project months after it’s been bought.

3901 posts After Effects Templates
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
miseld says

I’ve not yet used most of my projects I’ve bought; so yes any notification would be helpful. Out of hundreds I’ve bought because they look great, I’ve only used a few dozen in production. Other buyers are likely the same; we buy it but haven’t yet used a project, so being notified of updates would be helpful, if an author updates a project months after it’s been bought.
+1
by
by
by
by
by
by