• Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+3 more
KrazyKartoons says

It supposed to be “Disappointed” ...my bad

Hello to my dear Envato community,
Probably most of you will NOT agree with my opinions here, and some of you will probably hate me for even open this thread… But maybe, only maybe some of you will actually understand me and identify with me about this.

I apologise ahead about my bad English. :stress:

For the last 2 weeks I sent 2 very original animated frame by frame projects. (like most of my profile materials). Both of them rejected by the same reviewer (not complaining about him/her) I just mention it. But that’s not the case, because I’m aware that rejections are always an option since I’m an objective person.

This is what the reviewer said:
We’re sorry, your item Futuristic Transition – (MOV + PNG ) has not been approved for sale on VideoHive. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

It’s too simple to be considered template project. When you create template project you need to create something that either uses advanced techniques, something that is time consuming to make and would save a lot of time for the buyer or something that uses advanced visual effects that makes even simple things look outstanding.

We rise quality standards daily. As every day there are lot of new projects coming in we review them stricter and stricter. We do it to make sure our library is not flooded with poor quality submissions. Currently we’re looking for higher quality submissions than this one.

With all the respect to the detailed explanation, it’s clear but….

1. It is NOT a template project, I’m aware to the differences I have both on my profile.
It’s a TRANSITION , I even put it on the category… and the name of the project is… transition.

2. The quality is very high for a transition and yet simple, a Transition shouldn’t be always complicated… it’s a TRANSITION !
it needs to serve the user/buyer to move from one shot/scene to the other…. and it’s not just a Fade Out.. (that’s simple! yes)
it seems like the reviewer either don’t like it personally, or things it’s not useful, I even show how useful it is within the example preview!

3. Again, I highly suggest to check out your Reviewers because it seems like they rather reject more than accept, I’m aware for the high quality and originality Envato are looking for, I’m here more than 3 years now…

Again back to what I mention in 1: I wonder if the reviewers actually open the files and REVIEW IT at all? or had a look on the inline photo and think to themselves:
ehh that’s ugly I don’t think it’s high quality, I’ll move to the next rejection ahhmmm I mean… next review!

I know it may sound like disrespect, but don’t get me wrong I just share my last impression how the NEW ENVATO works… and I can’t get it.

I didn’t say a word or complained about waiting about 5-7 days for the review before, but it’s totally not encourage authors to get rejected for high quality content (that a particular reviewer thinks it’s not high quality…) After 3 years at Envato I must say that I’m very disappointed and probably this thread won’t really make a different but I had to write it.

I must say that I LOVE Envato since the moment I knew about it and I’ll probably keep love it.
But If anybody thinks that my points are “strangely” make sense… I would like to know about it.

BTW – The reason I open this thread on the VideoHive forum is because of the last 2 rejections, but this thread is really pointed to all the other marketplaces who may or may not.. work with the same system that may be wrong sometimes…

Thanks for reading this and sorry about my bad English.

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Can you show us an example of your project?

114 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
vidosworld says

Can you share a link with us to see your project(s)just been rejected, I think you will find more comments and opinions from VH authors in this thread.

469 posts
+3 more
KrazyKartoons says

Can you show us an example of your project?

BTW I ’ve noticed that the flv making the colors poor and not as rich as the original MOV file (which is pretty big) for example the red colors in both projects are not so “glow” as they actually are in the original file… But you’ll get the idea anyway.

Download and watch here:
1. LOGONOID - Arcade style opener (flv file – click to download)

and

2. Futuristic Transition (flv file – click to download)

Sometimes “simple” isn’t a bad thing for the user, sometimes the user is looking for simple but high quality… Just think about it,

You must think “out of the box” sometimes, In my case I do that all the time in order to produce the best for the users!

Whenever I create a new item for Envato I always think first: “is it usable? would I use it? Is it good enough for my studio? would I buy it?”

I work on it and upload ONLY if the answer is YES , and believe it or not… in most cases the answer is NO (that’s another reason for why there are not a lot of items in my profile)

469 posts
+3 more
KrazyKartoons says

PLEASE , read the above (1st post on the thread) before you comment in order to understand what I am mumbling about. Thank you for your time!

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Arcade style opener is nice idea, maybe it needs some stylistic workout. As for transition, I agree, sometimes the simplest is best, but not in case of videohive, so, yes it’s pretty simple; for videohive. As I said, I logo the arcade logo idea.

114 posts
+2 more
vidosworld says

Just my opinion. First is to slow for me as a transition and is to simple for this “today crazy market” (faster and more transitions I mean as a pack can received an acceptance) . Second, I think the Ideea as a logo reveal is GREAT , (I have seen plenty of worst projects on this market than this one), but … :) is always a “BUT”, more work and retouch on this one can be a SUCCESS .

114 posts
+2 more
vidosworld says

EFEKT _STUDIO !!! :)) WHY YOU ARE ALWAYS 4 min BEFORE ME ?! :)

538 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says

I bet this would’ve been accepted if it was “digital” (shiny 3D, reflective metals, glow, particles, etc.). Cartoon style just doesn’t look good on these projects. It’s amazing considering how it was made, but I have a feeling that most buyers here would just say “meh” :( Anyhow advice is to utilize your skills in making stuff that’s hard to build with software like animated characters for example. Keep up the great work btw. :)

469 posts
+3 more
KrazyKartoons says

So basically, what you’re both saying is: “it’s good but..”
My question is:
Than why reject and not a SOFT reject in such case?

It just make my points above stronger… That’s why I asked it for your opinions not ONLY about my specific items but for those who also think like me about their own rejections.

Simple = not always a bad thing, even for the mighty VideoHive !

Example for simple but useful is RIGHT HERE Just saying…

by
by
by
by
by
by