50 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Kerosene-Music says

I`ll throw my two cents in…

I gotta agree with the MOTU users here. Just rock solid, and great quality. Ive used everthing from a sound blaster audigy to a huge Tascam DM 24 board and M audio cards ect….I`m back to my ol tried and true MOTU 828 MK11 . There`s newer version out now, but pretty much same idea. MOTU is really solid.

JC

50 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+5 more
SoundProdigy says

RME fireface – the must!

SimpleProductions
SimpleProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
54 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SimpleProductions says

I’m sure Tim has made his choice already at this point, but for anyone else whose purchase is being influenced by this thread, I would invite you to look at the Metric Halo line.

mhlabs.com

Their interfaces are rock solid (probably the best drivers out there), great sounding (both preamp and converters), and has a whole slew of other features that blow other interfaces away. For a pro interface that can be put put through its paces you shouldn’t really be considering a Presonus anything. MOTU is good for the composer who needs lots of ADAT returns, but the preamps are just OK. RME is not bad on stability (esp. on a PC) but again, the preamps are nothing to get excited about – they won’t ever be able to hang with any good outboard pres and a nice converter on an exposed passage.

Metric Halo is Mac only, Btw..

by
by
by
by
by
by