• Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

websmacker that page is even promoted by envato :)

selfakwardes detected :D

950 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
+1 more
AlumoAudio says

\\

I can’t hold back any further on this, and really feel I have to say something, if anything to serve as a little feedback. But I think we have a problem.

The ‘new search features’ are seriously, seriously hurting sales. I have no idea how it’s affecting the Envato marketplaces as a whole but unfortunately I’m not the only one over on the comparatively lower-selling AudioJungle that is seeing this. There’s quite a few of us now seeing the same big drop in sales and beginning to feel quite some concern, especially those of us that do this as our full-time occupation.

Personally, I’m fast slipping down the author rankings, my most popular selling track has taken a massive hit, and now clinging to the top-seller list for dear life. I’m back to Feb 2013 sales regularity levels with my ‘fun fact’ being testament to this.

So I’m assuming this is all the result of the rolled out changes or is there something else at play here? An update would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

449 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Final_Step says

I agree, still experiencing really low sales over here. Do you have any update for us madlep?

138 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United States
sunchannelmusic says

\\

I can’t hold back any further on this, and really feel I have to say something, if anything to serve as a little feedback. But I think we have a problem.

The ‘new search features’ are seriously, seriously hurting sales. I have no idea how it’s affecting the Envato marketplaces as a whole but unfortunately I’m not the only one over on the comparatively lower-selling AudioJungle that is seeing this. There’s quite a few of us now seeing the same big drop in sales and beginning to feel quite some concern, especially those of us that do this as our full-time occupation.

Personally, I’m fast slipping down the author rankings, my most popular selling track has taken a massive hit, and now clinging to the top-seller list for dear life. I’m back to Feb 2013 sales regularity levels with my ‘fun fact’ being testament to this.

So I’m assuming this is all the result of the rolled out changes or is there something else at play here? An update would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

+1 from the AJ community. Any update would be great as I’m sort of at a loss. It makes me hesitant to further upload any music because I don’t know what to expect as a return.

91 posts Keep Working
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Portugal
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
robertojorge says

yeah sales are just gone…. something has really changed :/

+1 Same here as i wrote in the Sales monitor post. Since the new changes a drop of around 50% on sales witch is huge and it cant just be a coincidence.

I know that things have to change, but should change for better and not for worse and as far ive been seeing in the forums, sales have gone for worse. And for the 1st time it makes me think humm the worse!!!

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
madlep Dev says

I agree, still experiencing really low sales over here. Do you have any update for us madlep?

Search is back to normal, with the exception of issues with the sorting for “best match” on tag browsing pages. I’m deploying a fix for that shortly.

Some sales are up, some are down. There was a dip a week or so back. Search bugs may have contributed to that, the visual refresh may have contributed to that. They seem to have stabilised across the board now though.

For individual authors, there are a huge number of reasons for why sales fluctuate, and it’s really hard to figure out. We’ve got a whole team of business intelligence analysts who spend a lot of time thinking about it. They have access to a LOT of data, and they can’t always say why.

Here’s some possible reasons though:

• A big part is that it’s February, and there is a lull in sales after xmas/new year, while there is a big influx of new items that people have been working on over the break.
  • If you’re getting relatively low sales, you’ll see MORE fluctuations: if you get single digit sales most days, and you get 2 sales yesterday, and 1 today, it’s NOT statistically significant, and you can’t really say “sales are really low”
  • New items do get some boosting in search results to give them initial coverage, this then drops down if they don’t get traction from sales
  • Your items may be in a highly competitive niche. As time passes, and more items enter that niche, it gets tougher to make sales – especially as a lot of new items tend to enter the marketplaces after new year
  • Sometimes we do identify issues where the search doesn’t make sense, and we change the way relevancy is scored so items that make more sense get boosted higher in the search results. If you were highly ranked in the results before, you may not be afterwards. That’s the thing with improving search relevancy – if you put better results at the top, something has to move out of the way and lose ranking.
  • And lastly, just remember that us devs and some staff can view your profile and see what your earnings really are. While there are a lot of legitimate concerns around sales with concrete obvious examples, and we take that seriously – some of you are… fibbing a bit. It doesn’t help the conversation at all, and wastes our time investigating red herrings that could be better spent improving things. Just saying :)
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
madlep Dev says

- Fix for tag page sort by “best match” has been deployed, and is working correctly again

- Attributes pages have now been moved onto the new search infrastructure

- There is also a bug where suggested searches aren’t showing up. Got a fix for that one that is being tested now, and will be deployed shortly.

• Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
madlep Dev says

...and suggested searches are fixed too.

138 posts
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United States
sunchannelmusic says

...and suggested searches are fixed too.

Hey madlep, thanks for your responsiveness and help. Much appreciated.

950 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • United Kingdom
+1 more
AlumoAudio says

Thanks for the updates, insights into sales behaviours and the work being done behind the scenes madlep, it really is most appreciated and definitely most welcome during these times of change.

Apologies if I appeared to over react in my original post and caused any extraneous work for you guys. Looking back at it, it did look as though I was proclaiming the end of the world and really isn’t half as bad as I was suggesting. (just crawled out of bed and hadn’t had my morning coffee at that point).

As non exclusive full-timers, pretty much dependent on our earnings here, any noticeable deviation from ‘normal’ or ‘expected’ sales patterns are always cause for concern and the uncertainty can sometimes become quite overwhelming. So hopefully you can forgive us (or me in this case!) for making a bit of noise on the matter.

Keep up the excellent work and look forward to any more future updates during the changes :)

by
by
by
by
by
by