If this isn’t already a feature, would it be possible to upload a short (15-30 second) video to demonstrate theme functionality before it is purchased? Is that an absurd bandwidth-sucking request?
If not, will the live preview:
1. Allow users to see how the back-end is customized per theme?
2. Be affected by the size of the browser window to see how the theme behaves at different window sizes?
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Won a Competition
- Author was Featured
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- United States
- Author has had an Item Featured
You could just upload a video for each theme on your own server and then just link to it in your post. It would be cool to have videos right here, but that could get clunky I think. It would have to be done really well for it to work right. So if anyone can do it, it’s Collis
I have a subdomain on my server called “themeforest” where I am implementing all of my designs. Makes it really easy to keep everything organized and a great way to show off the work.
Great tip, thank yee. No reason to bog down the main themeforest server(s).
Yeh, great idea. Can someone from ThemeForest let us know if embedding Vimeo videos is allowed? That would be great for several reasons:
1. Let users see what they get. 2. Offer audible instructions / features etc. 3. Allow for Youtube / Vimeo, etc. to link to the template if someone happens upon it there.