it’s a product, we sell it, we need technical details about it.
I think the player could have as many information as possible about the item. what software you need (if template) resolution, framerate, plugins, duration, price.
My experience is. open the video, look at 30% – how much this cost? – close the video – ah, 12$ dollars, why only 12? – open video, look again till 40% – how many sales this got? – close the video – ah, ok, only 1812 sales – what? – open video again see the rest.I know is retarded but if I have a question i need the answer immediately, can’t wait one minute till the video ends.
How awesome would it be if the video player will be docked/always on top?
And we’ll be able to move it around to see the item information without having to reload it all over again …
absolutely true. god… why they have to do such changes without proper thinking.
As usual, you may get better responses and more accomplished with proper constructive criticism, instead of insulting the devs
Instead, how about listing some features or improvements that you’d like to see with the video player?
^You are right Tyson. My point of view:
Looks like previews starts faster.
I like short embed code, just tried and it works. I also like full screen option.
I don’t like new player because there is no option for loop (like the player before previous). There are tons of looped motion graphic items, and we cant preview them looped to make sure that loop is good. And I’d like to see time code.
For me this new player looks really cheap. If I’m buyer and come here for the first time and open some project and first thing I see is the preview image bigger and all pixelated and then video starts with design of video player that is horrible I would start to suspect to the quality of the template and site. I really liked the older player more then this one.
- no need of those red colored graphics parts in player like sound adjusment bar, play button, timeline bar color, it was very simple and good looking when it was black and white.
- the current time code and the full duration of the preview has to be there all the time
- no auto hide is needed
- the blown out pixelated image preview at the start looks very cheap, it shouldn’t be there
- toggle the looping of the video is needed
- fullscreen is nice
This is what annoys me:
1. Big pixelated image before the video starts
2. Loading animation pops up during playback
3. I’m unable to rewind properly
4. Jumpy playback
5. No total duration
Anyway the player looks bad and needs improvements ASAP :\
Looking at the new player… I feel like I’ve stepped back in time… Ugly as hell. I like the auto hide and fullscreen, though. And that’s about it.
Reading this thread makes me think of the recent changes (now reverted) of the new tags UI… and before that the change of location of the Upload button on the dashboard. Devs could have shown this new video player on a test page for feedback from the community before actual implementation.
Anyhow, my impressions on the new player:
1) Contrary to other reports, playback seems smoother to me
2) The share button takes up a lot of real estate, especially on the lower resolution preview window. I’d prefer the share button smaller, and/or placed on the playback bar next to the fullscreen button for example.
3) Like others have said, looping has to make a comeback, but for me it was good for slightly different reasons. On other stock sites with automatic loop it makes me more likely to watch again and be reassured that “this is indeed a good item”. Since on videohive the potential buyer has to click somewhere to close the preview video, might as well keep him entranced showing the video again instead of showing a static image.
4) In all honesty, I’d prefer a separate bar, like youtube, always visible and with a dark color scheme that doesn’t take away from the video. That way everyone gets all the options handy at any time, plus there’s no clutter of overlays popping up on the video and causing distractions.
Mostly I miss a download button…. would be great especially for those who want to use video clips from video hive in there previews. Most of the authors use video clips from vimeo just because its so easy to download.
The player shows not the real colors of our Videos? Please check this. For example my 3D Black file. Everything has a blue touch. I’m not happy about that. And everyone needs a duration info, even like Youtube and the Quicktime Player.