408 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

VideoHive don’t want to see Audiojungle authors at their forum and consider all activity of AJ authors as self-promotion… Maybe I’m wrong?

740 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

Yeah, the unfortunate reality is pretty much the easiest way to NOT get your music used in VideoHive projects is to post on their forum.

Most VH authors simply like to browse AJ themselves and find what they want.

You can always contact an author directly about a specific collaboration, but REALLY be careful about this as many also consider this annoying.

Basically if you want them to work with you, you have to bring something to the table that they want,... and the easiest way is to inspire them. If you can write music that will inspire them to create and give them ideas for projects, they will use your music.

It may just take a little while for you to get noticed – that’s the difficult and frustrating part.

Good luck man!

679 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Look at Videohive authors basically as buyers. They are looking for music for their projects just as any other AJ buyer is. If they choose your track, great, if not, there’s really nothing you can do. Just keep cranking out great tunes and dont worry about it too much.

27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
StoneHarvest says

Glad I spotted this. I hate being an inadvertant irritant to someone.

71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
Diesel_J says

As much as I hate saying this, just let things happen organically.

467 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
D_Cooper says

Most VH authors simply like to browse AJ themselves and find what they want.
Sometimes it seems like they search only in the Popular Files section :)
Thus we have the cycle – most popular tracks are supported by new video projects

Also some video authors prefer to collaborate only with certain audio-authors.
408 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

timmcmorris, yeah, unfortunately convinced by my own experience. I have no desire to appear there again.
But would be fair to say, that yesterday I tried to find video project to offer my new AJ track for the author and had failed, it’s rather hard :)

1577 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
AndrVlad says

It always difficult to find good match. Everyone would like to choose from the best and rare cases that somebody want to check somthing really unknown.

Actually since I try to do both AJ as well as VH it is difficult to see from one point but for sure If I do VH only I don’t want to see hundreds or thousand proposals from AJ (it is better to search whatever I want) and vice versa.

As a small Idea To escape the circle AJ new authors may propose something like writing special music for existing templates and propose to their authors as good mutch for future (not generic music but very specific per VH author usual items needs). It is investment but start is always difficult. :-)
Or just continue to write something great and someday you will get attention you absolutely deserve.

Best Regards, Andrey

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
468 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Sorry to dig this one up but people keep asking about this, especially since the Envato staff encourages collaboration between authors from both marketplace.
Think about this AJ authors… just put yourself in the shoes of VH authors for a minute.
Just take the “Items Requests” of this forum as an example. Whenever someone (willingly) post a request, they will get around 30 answers in just a few minutes, most not relevant.
Personally, I would get overwhelmed by this many responses and would probably not take the time to listen to all submissions. Now imagine receiving dozens of emails every day asking you to check out AJ authors’ portfolios… you get the point.
I guess the only VH authors not bothered by AJ authors are the guys who do both! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by