• Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
5p1r17 says

Just interesting where’re you guys working… Who is freenlancer only ? Or someone works on a full time job and mix it with freelance\VH like me? What do you think, what is better ? To work as a freelancer or to sell projects on VideoHive ?

I have a full time job on a TV as a motion graphic designer and do freelance jobs in my free time as well. I have a lot of freelance jobs, that’s because I dont have a time to make a projects for a VH. Now I’m start to thinking “maybe it’s time to switch on a VH and get rid of a freelance”... :)

-Vlad

96 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
RMdeJong says

I also have a full time job, I design and animatie DVD and Blu-ray menus. It’s fun but i’m not always aloud to do my own thing, that’s why I joined videohive. It’s good for your portfolio but also to create the creative ideas your having.

I don’t want to start as a freelancer just yet because i’m still young and I think there is still a lot to learn, not only in software but also in planning deadlines and communication with customers.

Although I have to say it’s hard to get the motivation to work on a videohive project in the evening after the full time job.

1591 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

I am director of TV show, I also sometimes operate the camera, and make montage of that show. I do alot of stuff, from directing to making graphics for commercials.

I joined VH because sometimes when I got spare time I like creating something what I have on my mind but no space to make it real and useful. And just to express myself :)

134 posts After Effects template maniac, freelancer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
FluxVFX Reviewer says

Making & selling templates here and on other sites has opened the door to freelance opportunities even though I don’t consider myself a freelancer. Having that income from templates buys you the freedom to choose which freelance projects to work on or to not work on any at all.

I started out with a full time job making templates and doing freelance jobs on the side. Now I just make templates and sell them on VH, R-stock, and my own site, couldn’t be happier.

Everyone should choose a career path that makes them happy. In my world, Templates = Freedom, Freedom = Happiness.

460 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Russian Federation
+1 more
white-shade says

Two months later I will quit my work and finally be able to engage in the manufacture templates. Now I have a lot of ideas but no time. I felt that my main work tired me worse. It’s time to escape!

460 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
+1 more
white-shade says

Thanks for the tips, Filips! I have one question – how to become reviewer? :)

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts Threads Started
595 posts
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
cloud9communication says
white-shade said
Thanks for the tips, Filips! I have one question – how to become reviewer? :)

you can apply for the reviewer when the envato will launch a hunt. But i don’t think they will give it to us as there are many top sellers who wanted to become reviewer. but there no harm in trying as you never know when the time changes we just have to work hard

507 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
5p1r17 says
placdarms said
5p1r17 said
I have a full time job on a TV as a motion graphic designer and do freelance jobs in my free time as well. -Vlad

Which TV station do you work for?

First Baltic Channel, Zakusalaa :)

460 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
+1 more
white-shade says

Thank you for your words, Filips, they are very motivated. Very soon I will do this step to freedom

134 posts After Effects template maniac, freelancer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
FluxVFX Reviewer says
placdarms said
5p1r17 said
I have a full time job on a TV as a motion graphic designer and do freelance jobs in my free time as well. -Vlad

Which TV station do you work for?

I quit my full time job in november, exactly 4 years ago. gave up brand new car provided by company, solid income and extremely boring job. Started to freelance by doing literally everything. From printed designs to designing/coding websites, banners, video presentations, posters, CD covers.

Found AE and fell in love. Decided to take only projects that involves motion graphics. Joined VideoHive and ever since try to divide my time to spend more on Vh and less for freelance. Lately I started to reject freelance projects completely and work only for VideoHive and my own projects like aeteacher.com and tuts+ marketplace submissions.

Even though it seemed crazy to leave that full time job 4 years ago – at the moment I’m making 10 times more money than then, have more freedom and better car than one I left there. In fact i have two cars. Haven’t sold the old one yet. Anyone want to buy it? :D

I love my job. Thank you Envato for such a great possibility!

My point is: if you don’t risk you don’t win. But be sure you know what you’re doing when you take the risk to leave your full time job. Especially if you have wife and kids to take care of.

if you don’t risk you don’t win.

Exactly!

by
by
by
by
by
by