7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
toolpusher says

Hi, I’m a new author and I asked myself this question: why the stock footage are presented together with AE projects in the landing page? In my opinion creates a lot of confusion in those who seek only motion projects. Of course you can filter the new projects by selecting the category you are interested but only at first glance the site looks messy. Perhaps, given the massive stock footage loading, it might be useful to create a portal where the stock footage can be separated from the motion graphic projects. I suggest a name: “Stock Farm” :). This is just constructive criticism. Thank you. Frank

2395 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Hi and welcome Toolpusher!

This has been discussed many times before and that is something all videohive authors would like to see, but it doesn’t seem to be a top-priority issue. So you won’t see a change in the next year I guess.

But that you as a new author recognizes this at first glance just shows one more time how needed another marketplace for stock footage is.

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
toolpusher says

You are right Creattive. I’ll tell you one thing more that I hear from potential customers who are surfing on VideoHive. The stock quality is really lower if we compare with the excellent quality of the projects in AE or Motion.

This is unsettling and sometimes makes you want to look elsewhere. It ‘a shame because, as I just said, projects like yours, for example, are hard to find on the websites of competitors but here are almost “hidden”.

I’m speaking as someone who has used the site for some time as a “customer” before deciding to become the “author”. Thank you for your kind reply.

Frank

2395 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Yes you are right, the quality of many stock footage files are very very low. But there are some authors who deliver really worthy shots, that are unable to make for an average person. Unfortunately, they are hard to find between the boring shots of ducks and flowers.

that has also been discussed before.

Actually, anything you can think of has been discussed before:

• better search-engine
  • shopping cart
  • exclusivity per item
  • higher prices
  • better support options

The devs are working hard to maintain the site, and recently the team got extended by some devs and we are seeing a lot of small changes to the UI of the marketplaces recently.

But still it seems a long way to go until these big demands from the community will be delivered.

The community here is very active and has a lot of ideas, suggestions and even workarounds for problems. There are browser-add ons that make your life as an author easier and android and iphone apps that let you check your sales on the go.

Just take a look around the forums :)

Also, make sure to take a look at extras.envato.com

by
by
by
by
by
by