• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
illuminations says

Hey Videohive Community! As you all know videohive and audiojungle go hand in hand because of the needs of the customer for both high quality video templates and music. I was wondering from the point of view of a videohive author what are your biggest frustrations and difficulties about finding an audiojungle track to fit your projects? Are there styles and categories of our music that you feel are lacking or difficult to find? Do you find it difficult to find music or logos that are the right length to projects? Just curious, and wanted to start a discussion to see if there were things we could do as music creators to make it easier for videohivers to get what they need to take your projects to the next level. Cheers!

89 posts
  • Belarus
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
CO2_product says

Hallo!!! Videohive!!! :) Guys, why are you keeping silence? This is very topical issue!!! We are really interested in your opinion!

7177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

Primarily I find music from the previews of other videohive authors. Occasionally I browse audiojungle categories but is really frustrating since you need to listen a few good seconds before deciding if the track will fit the project. The good thing is that with the second method I found great tracks that unfortunately sold nothing even if there are really awesome.

386 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Colombia
weCREATEthings says

Doru is right my friends. Sadly what I usually do is to take any audio that I have seen on other authors project. For example I see a amazing audio file on a good project and I think: Oh, this is just what I need for the idea I have.

And that is not for lack of creativity or something, but just for saving me some time. I mean for sure there are a lot of amazing files on AJ that have 3 or 5 sales because it is hard to reach, so just an author has used in an old project.

But yet I have done a couple of time is writing in AJ’s searching bar an specific word, for example “epic” and look at for the first 8 or maybe 15 but usually I don’t watch in 4 or 6 page (like all we do on Google).

So, I think the best thing to can do guys, is take special care to try to appear on the best position you can on searches and if your is standing up from the others, probably you will get some good sales.

I hope you get my point :grin:

22 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Must_KIllah says

Hello! I spend some amount of time on the selection of some cool things on the audiojungle. Just save the links on my computer to get back to them later when the idea of going! :) I also try to do a project under the music and not Vice versa, so easier for me! I love your stuff illuminations! Great! :)

89 posts
  • Belarus
  • Exclusive Author
CO2_product says

Yes, it is really a problem for AJ authors (especially young ones). I mean you can create really great tracks but as usual people just open top page and get some of them.

It is sad :( because many AJ authors want to cooperate with videohive authors and appear in some nice projects…

So, weCREATEthings, you’r right. We should do our best and try to reach the best position!

Good luck to everyone!:)
385 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • United States
illuminations says

Thank Killah! Glad you like my stuff. Honestly I don’t blame any videohive guys for simply using either top selling stuff or music that they hear on other videohive projects it’s just a shame that so many really good tracks can go almost completely unnoticed. I think envato needs to have a top new sellers list as well. This will give good music that gets a few sales after it first goes on audiojungle a better opportunity to gain some momentum and start to create a little more fairness in the exposure new top quality tracks. I think this would also help you videohive creators to find new music material that is high quality but not the same stuff all the time.

76 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Coreaux says

I find this topic really interesting,and if you allow me I would like to make a suggestion. When posting a new project in Videohive we designers take special care to mention the music author, we put a link to the musician profile/portfolio and also in almost all of the cases we write a line to mention how special/beautiful/usefull that music is , that way I think that we help Audiojungle musicians to boost their sales and income, correct me if I am wrong. Would it be nice also if all musicians also promote Videohive designers by mentioning the projects in which their music were used ? I know that some of you are doing that, but not all . Regardless all that, I think that it is really interesting to look for new talents and to search among the ” non-top sellers” to give an oportunity to the new guys . By The way illuminations, I love your creations my friend, keep up with the good work !

386 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Colombia
weCREATEthings says

I think that envato must redesign all the home pages for its marketplaces because the problem with poor exposure to news authors is not only on AJ, but to all other marketplaces too (like VH).

89 posts
  • Belarus
  • Exclusive Author
CO2_product says

Would it be nice also if all musicians also promote Videohive designers by mentioning the projects in which their music were used ? I know that some of you are doing that, but not all .

As far as I know, almost all AJ authors post links on team-works with VH authors (because it’s not reasonably to neglect it). This is an additional advertising of the fact that you are in demand. All authors with whom I communicate necessarily do this! But I heard many stories that VH authors don’t mention links on music authors….But of course I’m not charging anyone, in no event! :) …just real people stories… Of course the right behavior is to advertise each other pointing links on pages. Moreover, reels should be placed on the youtube channels at VH author as well as at AJ author.

This is business…It is necessary to work on mutually beneficial terms and reach our goals together. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by