• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
DanielKeller says

I love it, specially the new Graphic Display, which could display any kind of File, a template, 3d file, game or any other kind

it would be a bit trickier for Audiojungle

257 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VinhSonNguyen says

The big preview box could be used for the featured file of the week/month and would boost sales and popularity! Great idea mocarg!

293 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
ivezicm says

hey, graphic river has cool thing which we can incorporate. When you place mouse on thumb, smaller preview pops up. Maybe that could be implemented here. When you slide mouse over thumb, smaller video preview pops up. So buyer can faster preview new files. If he likes it, then he will click on it to see it in bigger resolution, if not just scrolls mouse on next thumb.

5025 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Another thought as the front page fills up with stock footage….

There is no way of knowing from the thumbnail whether you’re going to be looking at footage, motion graphic or project. Since there’s also no video rollover, image rollover or even an informational rollover other than the name, you’re forced to click on an item to find out anything about it. That’s a lot of clicking and loading for something that you might know from the get-go that you don’t want.

The recent items on the front page is becoming ever more redundant.

1. Video preview rollover 2. Tabbed categories

...would go a long way to returning it to being less of a waste of space.

-f.

5025 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Actually, here’s a radical idea…

Since the volume of new files here has gone through the roof, maybe the recent items is ultimately redundant anyway. I mean, name me the newspaper that organizes its home page according to most recent articles sent in. No, they have the most important, interesting, broad-appeal, attention grabbing news articles – especially the ones with amazing pictures to accompany – written nice and big across the front page. The rest of the content in the site is neatly grouped under banners and categories and is designed to lure you gradually in to the content. This is a layout system that predates the internet by decades.

By comparison, the Envato site layout is remarkably naive. 40 teeny-tiny meaningless little icons take up half of the home page, because they’re recent. (There’s a total of 18 other tiny thumbnails too). Of the remaining space, half is taken up by a big box with some text that very few probably read and most of which is repeated elsewhere on the page.

So how about getting rid of the recent items completely? That’s a lot of screen real-estate that could be used for something much more interesting.

-f.

301 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
froztbyte80 says
Actually, here’s a radical idea…

Since the volume of new files here has gone through the roof, maybe the recent items is ultimately redundant anyway. I mean, name me the newspaper that organizes its home page according to most recent articles sent in. No, they have the most important, interesting, broad-appeal, attention grabbing news articles – especially the ones with amazing pictures to accompany – written nice and big across the front page. The rest of the content in the site is neatly grouped under banners and categories and is designed to lure you gradually in to the content. This is a layout system that predates the internet by decades.

+1

77 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
gdpotter says

+1

257 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VinhSonNguyen says

+1 I must agree!

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

So how about getting rid of the recent items completely? That’s a lot of screen real-estate that could be used for something much more interesting.

-f.

What about the other marketplaces? getting rid of one feature here means change all marketplaces layout and Themeforest and Graphicriver are taking great advantage of the most recent items.

I have some thoughts for the big preview screen on the home page (even though i kinda see it impossible for an future implementation):

1. Ramdom videos will be cycling for a specific time. Are you guys sure this will improve exposure with that huge quantity of files in here?

2. will it be only for projects or footage is included?

3. I really like the envato design on the home page, being unique and different. Adding that slider to the page will give it a look similar to tons of websites that has a front banner rotator (like the templates you see in TF)

4. I don’t really think a buyer spend so much time scrubbing the homepage, specially when you become an experiment buyer around here.

Adding another point, we all bring suggestions from the author’s perspective and to me that is one side of the face when devs had design the layout to make a more user friendly interface to the buyer Suggestions coming from buyers will give you all more sales.

Talking as a buyer, what Felt mentioned (suggested a lot of times in other threads too):

1. Video preview rollover PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this must be some kind a huge task to implement but i have the feeling it was thought in the past due to the fact of the rollover image previews on GR, TF, 3DO, etc.

and if you authors can include a .flv preview of the final project / render on your .zip files that will be awesome, instead of coming back to the item page and click, and then wait for the page to load and see the preview (although im aware you can use the embed option to download the preview by yourself).

thank you all and have an awesome day.

by
by
by
by
by
by