292 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Hey Everyone!

I’m excited to announce the launch of AudioJungle Radio’s new sister site, www.VideoHiveViewer.com!

It’s very similar feature-wise to AudioJungle Radio, helping you find and browse through VideoHive items more quickly and with greater control. For those who aren’t yet familiar, here’s a rundown of the features:

• SIX easy one-click playlist tools. Pop in a bookmarked collection (public OR private), search keywords, specific author, check out popular files, what’s new on VH (similar to the current home page listings), and an advanced Scanner playlist tool.
  • Sort and Filter the playlist to focus in on the items you’re looking for.
  • A “Now Playing” display includes all the handy info for the current item, such as post date, rating, sales, resolution, version, etc.
  • Fullscreen button to get a bigger look at the preview video.
  • Item Surfing to automatically skim through items when you’re in a hurry
  • Awesome Bookmarklet that lets you build a playlist directly within the VideoHive site, so with the click of a button you can automatically create a playist of all the items found on the current VideoHive page. Perfect tool to enhance your in-site searching.
  • While it is HTML5 capable, unfortunately due to the format of the preview video files (FLV), the player requires the use of the Flash fallback and consequently is not mobile friendly :(

Hopefully this helps you all save time and better navigate through items whether you’re scoping out a specific author or looking for materials for a custom project, and ultimately aids visitors in finding what they’re looking for so they can spend less time searching and more time buying.

You’re also welcome to link to the site as an easy way to showcase your VH portfolio. You could create a link URL such as:

http://www.videohiveviewer.com/index.php?author=felt_tips&sort=sales-hi&filter=after-effects-project-files

to directly pull up your portfolio by author, and presort and filter your items if you want to as well. You can also use the clean “player” only page, just change “index.php” to “player.php” for a more minimal playlist oriented page.

Feel free to respond with any comments or questions you may have, and thanks for taking the time to check it out!

5083 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Hi Schwartz,

Great idea. I think you need to make a couple of little tweaks though.

The first thing I notice is that the file details don’t appear to match the file that’s currently playing. I used a search that had one of my own files in it. When the file played, it had a different name and by a different author (the next one on the playlist, I think).

Also, because you can’t watch in the background, in the same way that you can listen in the background, I think you should include a 10 second option. And also, when in this mode, to start the playback randomly somewhere in the middle of the FLV , otherwise, you’ll have the danger that you see the author’s ident, a title screen, 2 seconds of introduction and that’s it.

When looking at shortened files, you really need to get a feel quickly – and that’s probably in the middle, not at the beginning.

599 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
addeystock says

Man this is awesome. :)

292 posts
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Hi Schwartz,

The first thing I notice is that the file details don’t appear to match the file that’s currently playing. I used a search that had one of my own files in it. When the file played, it had a different name and by a different author (the next one on the playlist, I think).

Also, because you can’t watch in the background, in the same way that you can listen in the background, I think you should include a 10 second option. And also, when in this mode, to start the playback randomly somewhere in the middle of the FLV , otherwise, you’ll have the danger that you see the author’s ident, a title screen, 2 seconds of introduction and that’s it.

When looking at shortened files, you really need to get a feel quickly – and that’s probably in the middle, not at the beginning.

Thanks, felt, great ideas as always! You’re right… the item mix-up is happening with the surfing feature, which has always been a bug on Firefox, but I’m noticing is happening on every browser, even Chrome which it has worked fine on before with AJ Radio. When navigating normally through the playlist the items match up just fine for me, so let me know if that was indeed the issue you noticed. I’ve gone ahead and disabled the surfing feature until I sort that out, and I’ll look into adding the 10 second feature as well!

5083 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Hi Schwartz,

Thanks, felt, great ideas as always! You’re right… the item mix-up is happening with the surfing feature, which has always been a bug on Firefox, but I’m noticing is happening on every browser, even Chrome which it has worked fine on before with AJ Radio. When navigating normally through the playlist the items match up just fine for me, so let me know if that was indeed the issue you noticed. I’ve gone ahead and disabled the surfing feature until I sort that out, and I’ll look into adding the 10 second feature as well!

Yes… I was surfing!

292 posts
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Hi Schwartz,

Yes… I was surfing!

Alrighty, Surf’s back up. I changed the options to a 10 second option and 30 second option. I was able to solve the incorrect track info/skipping, which should now be fixed, even for Firefox users too! Regarding the random starting location, unfortunately that’s a bit of a pickle since the player doesn’t know the length of the file until after it finishes loading it, so there’s no way to determine what starting time would be appropriate. What I did for now, is I made it so whenever you’re surfing, the surf will start 5 seconds into the preview, which I think is enough to help minimize the logo/title delay, without being too far ahead for shorter items like logos/openers.

Not starting from the beginning of the preview is a bit finicky however, sometimes it doesn’t load the preview file fast enough so when skipping ahead it thinks the preview is over and goes on to the next item…I’ll keep working on that, but for now the information is correct and overall it’s working pretty well. Let me know how it works for you all, I’ll be curious if different download/internet speeds affect this feature at all. Thanks!

292 posts
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Just a little update:

Embeddable VH Viewer Player is now available! Just use the handy embed code builder on the VH Viewer Homepage.

Gives you a quick and easy way to showcase your items or portfolio across the web, linked to your VH portfolio. When you add new items, they’ll automatically show up in the existing portfolio playlists, keeping it fresh without ever having to update or repost it.

It is also set up to automatically attach the author’s referral ID of whomever’s portfolio/item is set in the player. So if you’re embedding your own portfolio or item in a site, you will get all the referrals from that player!

Enjoy

by
by
by
by
by
by