48 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
bluegestalt says
Hey! your’s is pretty damn good, i voted for you, i’ve had your background on my desktop since you submitted, it’s awesome and just looks so good. It’s clean and awesome. It’s definately between you and PatrickJansen. Don’t throw away your chance so early.

Thank you so much Reaper!
I have read your previous comment in the blog, so thank you twice :)

I’m not giving up but for sure (I was just trying to play down the situation here) but, apart from the money prize that’s very attractive indeed, I’m already satisfied, having been appreciated and voted by some.

I had fun creating it, and someone watched and even used my work… that’s enough for me… ;)

4335 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says
Hey! your’s is pretty damn good, i voted for you, i’ve had your background on my desktop since you submitted, it’s awesome and just looks so good. It’s clean and awesome. It’s definately between you and PatrickJansen. Don’t throw away your chance so early.

Thank you so much Reaper!
I have read your previous comment in the blog, so thank you twice :)

I’m not giving up but for sure (I was just trying to play down the situation here) but, apart from the money prize that’s very attractive indeed, I’m already satisfied, having been appreciated and voted by some.

I had fun creating it, and someone watched and even used my work… that’s enough for me… ;)

No probs ;) You fully deserve to win. :)
900 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

@ Alter no one was pointing the finger at you, the comment on the voting system could have been referring to anyone.

My apologies if you felt my outburst was aimed at you but it really wasnt, i was just speaking generally of my disappointment as FJ, Lance and myslef have invested alot of time in this.

Anyways lets keep this thread going for the purpose it was created for ‘to lighten spirits’ on the forums :)

660 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says

@alter: nice work there buddy, just relax, I think you really are in the first 3 and you deserve the first position anyway – awesome skills and nice design.

I voted for Robert_d. Style and creativity. Of course in my opinion.

I think the competition is fair. All we are learning and the next time I am sure the competitions of the same sort will be closed and limited only for the Envato real members – buyers and sellers. I am pretty sure. ;-)

Wonderful competition organized by the biggest Envato spammer :P and nice man THE FlashJunkie ;-) and many many many awesome entries!

ouch forgot something to share.. and guys I tried to vote twice :D. I have two accounts… and I wasn’t able to vote two times. So Robert_d… sorry bro, just one vote from me. LOL :D

8291 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
Wonderful competition organized by the biggest Envato spammer :P

lol.

You could say all competitions are popularity contests and you’d be right as well all know who made which piece… if we didnt know who made which one then it would be fair. But thats not the case…

Could you not limit it to those that registered before voting closed? Think FJ mentioned this and this would a reasonable solution as it stops people spamming facebook for extra “do us a favour mate” votes…

4335 posts
+10 more
Reaper-Media says
Wonderful competition organized by the biggest Envato spammer :P

lol.

You could say all competitions are popularity contests and you’d be right as well all know who made which piece… if we didnt know who made which one then it would be fair. But thats not the case…

Could you not limit it to those that registered before voting closed? Think FJ mentioned this and this would a reasonable solution as it stops people spamming facebook for extra “do us a favour mate” votes…

for that to work, they’ll need to host the poll within the marketplaces, or somewhere they can login. It would take time for the devs to set it up. And it depends on whether we can convince lance to do it, and whether he can build up enough enthusiasm to convince the devs. Unfortuantely they may not think it’s worth it.
27 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Alter says

Thanks bluegestalt, well, I think you can understand me when I said I felt the comments against me but it’s nice to see it’s not that way, so I’m sorry for any misunderstanding from what I read, what I thought and what I wrote and I feel bad for being you.. I’m really sorry, I mean, you saw my work done with one of your files.

This was just a big misunderstanding, I apologize with everyone :), thanks donchev_a and ChesireCat for your comments, and… let’s keep this going then.

Cheers :)

48 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
bluegestalt says
Thanks bluegestalt, well, I think you can understand me when I said I felt the comments against me but it’s nice to see it’s not that way, so I’m sorry for any misunderstanding from what I read, what I thought and what I wrote and I feel bad for being you.. I’m really sorry, I mean, you saw my work done with one of your files.
no problem… I understand you.
...and by the way, thanks from having used one of my songs :)

I saw now that the poll have been closed… any news?

900 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

Poll hasnt closed….it stays open untill the 26th at midnight

Keep voting people :)

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I’m still surprised that my wallpaper made it to the polls. Even considering I didn’t put any real effort into it. It was seriously a 6 minute job. I told “J” that the only reason I submitted it was because I meant it as a joke. And NOW look, someone wasted a vote on it. Pretty funny. But I guess I should not be rude. Thanks whoever you are. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by