• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Having an option to notify all buyers will never happen as it makes it far to easy to spam buyers with unsolicited emails.
I disagree. As a buyer I want to be notified of updates. Why not have a checkbox on the authors update page that says “notify buyers of this CRITICAL update” or something like that….
Yes I would as well but Envato will not implement it because there are far too many sellers that would abuse the feature and use it to send out advertisements of their other plugins to buyers.

Any why would authors abuse this feature for advertisment? Because envato doesn’t take any steps to help authors to promote their items enough. (eg. advanced search,...). But yes, I agree with you – even if authors gets enough promotion, there would be some who would still abuse it, but still would it be possible to have some special actions. Since updates are also getting reviewed, authors could check this “Notify Customers about this urgent update” checkbox and reviewers can double-check it…for example. :)

590 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
CodeSwift says

Envato WordPress Toolkit

Description

This toolkit plugin establishes an Envato Marketplace API connection to take advantage of the new `wp-list-themes` & `wp-download` methods created specifically for this plugin. These API methods grants access to information about your purchased themes and create temporary download URL’s for installing and upgrading those themes. Basically, users that have purchased themes from ThemeForest.net can now install and upgrade any theme that takes advantage of these new methods.

For end users, all that’s required to get started is an Envato Marketplace username & API key, and to have purchased one of the many WordPress themes found on ThemeForest.net.
730 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
mordauk says

That only works for Theme Forest themes, not Code Canyon plugins.

1363 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

Yes I would as well but Envato will not implement it because there are far too many sellers that would abuse the feature and use it to send out advertisements of their other plugins to buyers.

You must not have understood my suggestion because there was no way they could advertise other plugins. It would just notify buyers of an update to the one they bought. Also, if the author is abusing by sending out too many updates, it can be caught by the reviewer because it is being done on the update page…. everyone wins!! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by