4335 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+11 more
Reaper-Media Envato team says

CINTIQ 21UX :)

\\

I WANT !!! :o

1622 posts Building the Web.
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says

CINTIQ 21UX :)

\\

OMG @ price

Anyway, I used to have one of this – http://www.notebookcheck.net/uploads/pics/hptouchsmarttm2-lg2.jpg – it was pretty cool for painting and you can get it under 1k$, but the display was blurry so I sold it. Maybe they fixed that in newer versions though

255 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BuchmannDesign says

I say save up and get the Intuos. If you don’t need all the extra buttons on the side, then maybe you could settle for a used Intuos 3. I believe it has the same performance as the 4. (could be wrong)

That said, I have an iPad, and the combination of an iPad, a $5 painting/art app, and a $15 stylus, it really competes with the Intuos for many tasks. The only negative is that it doesn’t have pressure sensitivity, but it’s actually not a bad trade off considering you get direct pen-to-pad accuracy. If you already have an iPad, then your only expense is about an extra $20!

567 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
iamdok says

I recently got a bamboo as a present. I haven’t gotten used to it yet, and right now I can’t really justify the time invetment in order to get ued to it. Right now it changes my work flow to a snail’s pace. In one day I’m doing so many things with so many programs, trying to get used to the bamboo for all of these things would mean weeks of this slow speed. As a freelancer, I would be on the street!

If I was just going to use it for photoshop, I would need to be switching over and back from mouse to bamboo constantly and would elongate the getting-used-to process further.

I’m using a 1920×1200 26” monitor and the bamboo is so small, I find that when I’m hovering the pen over, say a button, and I want to click, as I lower the pen to touch the tablet ie. click, the slight change in the angle of my hand means the pen moves off the active area of the button and I miss it. The only way to avoid this would be to hold the pen completely vertical and as close to the tablet as possible, but this amount of stiff-handed concentration, would be too much, and probably worse for rsi than a mouse.

I don’t know whether these greviences are all part of the getting-used-to period, or are due to the far to great size miss match of my tablet and my monitor, but they forced me back to the mouse pretty quicly.

Anyone else experience this?

by
by
by
by
by
by