2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Yeah, I’ve been pretty pleased with the pricing as well. Great for the author and buyer.

237 posts elementza.com
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+9 more
elements says
What software do you guys recommend btw?

I used to work in 3Ds Max, but now I mostly do stuff in Cinema4D. Seems more user friendly

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
What software do you guys recommend btw?
I used to work in 3Ds Max, but now I mostly do stuff in Cinema4D. Seems more user friendly

+1 Mario…..

2206 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Cinema Rocks

I mean the workflow is way faster than 3ds max

Anyhow going to work on some more models just have to finish them up then upload some more.

Cheers

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

i wonder what would be the price range for CG Textures items :?

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CodingJack says

Scott’s got some new files. I can see them in my “follow” list. But I click and just get login. What’s the login :P

213 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
snaz3d says

Secret ;)

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
popflier says

How can you sign up for the Beta of 3D Ocean? I’ve got a BA in 3D Animation and would love to be able to sell some of my models in a place other than Turbo Squid and Renderosity.

What is the target market that 3D Ocean is trying to hit? Are you thinking it will get more web developer traffic coming over from FlashDen, in which case low poly models would be better sellers? Or are you looking for it to be advertised as an all inclusive marketplace with hi and low res models, textures, bump and normal maps, etc….?

Will you be able to sell zip file packages that would have both the .obj model and texture files included? Will you be able to sell software specific scene files? For instance, I work in Maya so could I sell the Maya .mb scene file that includes: the model, textures, shading network, (rigging if applicable) and lighting?

Lastly, the pricing structure. Price wise…l you be distinguishing between models that are static (meaning completely unable to be rigged and animated) and models with geometry construction that will support proper deformation in case the buyer is looking to purchase a model so it can then be rigged and animated? (Obviously, the latter to be more expensive.)

213 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
snaz3d says

I’ll try to be short…

What is the target market that 3D Ocean is trying to hit? Are you thinking it will get more web developer traffic coming over from FlashDen, in which case low poly models would be better sellers? Or are you looking for it to be advertised as an all inclusive marketplace with hi and low res models, textures, bump and normal maps, etc….?

An all inclusive marketplace of course.

Will you be able to sell zip file packages that would have both the .obj model and texture files included? Will you be able to sell software specific scene files? For instance, I work in Maya so could I sell the Maya .mb scene file that includes: the model, textures, shading network, (rigging if applicable) and lighting?

Of course?

Lastly, the pricing structure. Price wise…l you be distinguishing between models that are static (meaning completely unable to be rigged and animated) and models with geometry construction that will support proper deformation in case the buyer is looking to purchase a model so it can then be rigged and animated? (Obviously, the latter to be more expensive.)

The more complex it is the more expensive it goes. (If it’s textured, animated, rigged etc. ; what kind of textures it includes, like normal maps, bump maps etc.)

As for the beta invitation, can’t help you at the moment, maybe you should drop an e-mail to Matthias.

by
by
by
by
by
by