1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Well basically this is a cPanel hack, I have always taken extra care in protecting my wordpress. But yeah, the hacker has changed my cPanel password, and now Im trying to contact support to get it back.
And my password was computer generated. The ones that look something like &?#fot~(Vi^O . So I’m not sure where the flaw was.

Maybe there was a malware in a plugin, script, or theme you are using, that created a backdoor for the intruder to get inside your backend. When he got there, he could get the info in your wp-config and if you got your SQL account login the same as your cPanel account then now he got it and changed it. Another possibility, your website is just one of the websites that share the same hosting and all got hacked because of the security flaw in one of the websites. This usually happen, too. Whatever, you should move to a more trusty web hosting service and do backup regularly. Good luck :)

834 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

Well basically this is a cPanel hack, I have always taken extra care in protecting my wordpress. But yeah, the hacker has changed my cPanel password, and now Im trying to contact support to get it back.
And my password was computer generated. The ones that look something like &?#fot~(Vi^O . So I’m not sure where the flaw was.
Maybe there was a malware in a plugin, script, or theme you are using, that created a backdoor for the intruder to get inside your backend. When he got there, he could get the info in your wp-config and if you got your SQL account login the same as your cPanel account then now he got it and changed it. Another possibility, your website is just one of the websites that share the same hosting and all got hacked because of the security flaw in one of the websites. This usually happen, too. Whatever, you should move to a more trusty web hosting service and do backup regularly. Good luck :)

You reply helps a lot :) Yes I had not changed the passwords of the mysql and cpanel. It is probably thru wordpress. I have talked to the company, They would be cleaning upp my account.

8 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Pakistan
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ObjectIdeas says

I’ve always had a bad experience with the local Pakistani hosters.

The servers aren’t well protected at all, often infected with viruses that you can see in ftp. I would also advise you to buy a shared hosting account from a reputable company like hostgator. It also helps as they have daily auto backups. (i think)

834 posts
+4 more
uziiuzair says

I’ve always had a bad experience with the local Pakistani hosters. The servers aren’t well protected at all, often infected with viruses that you can see in ftp. I would also advise you to buy a shared hosting account from a reputable company like hostgator. It also helps as they have daily auto backups. (i think)

Oh yes I completly agree with you. But the one I am using seemed better than the rest. Though theyre packages are expensive. It seems like the hacker only targetted my site, no other was affected.
I believe what gbs said, might be the reason for the hack.

92 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
e8j1osla says

Another useful piece of code/plugin found on wp.org which i find very useful for scanning malicious code, this’ll be a good reference not only for you but for others as well.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/tac/
834 posts
+4 more
uziiuzair says

Got my website back :D Now to fill it up with information _

By the way, Is CloudFlare a good way of protecting my site?

91 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
AbdullahShafiq says

uziiuzair, The best is to Buy Hosting from some reputable Company. Instead of some Chor & Daku’s, Pakistan main Hosting buy karna tu khud khushi hai. I am using Just Host for my Personal work and its working very like a Charm. :)

834 posts
+4 more
uziiuzair says

uziiuzair, The best is to Buy Hosting from some reputable Company. Instead of some Chor & Daku’s, Pakistan main Hosting buy karna tu khud khushi hai. I am using Just Host for my Personal work and its working very like a Charm. :)

I agree with that and would be changing my Host soon :)

834 posts
+4 more
uziiuzair says

I agree with that and would be changing my Host soon :)

by
by
by
by
by
by