4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

As many of you probably know, there has been much development over the past few days with the voting system for the wallpaper competiton. A few of the authors have been getting other people to vote for them. The poll hosted in the flashden blog is an open poll which means anyone can vote, they do not need to create a username and password on the flashden website which means we a re not getting accurate results.

A lot of us have been discussing the subject and we agree that as it’s FJ’s competition, he deserves to have last say over everything. We also know thet the poll is hosted by the staff which means it is controlled by the staff. As the main goal for this competiton was to bring a bit more of a positive atmosphere to the community, a few of the competition oganisers ( mainly CheshireCat and FlashJunkie) have been quite disappointed about how the competiton has turned out.

FlashJunkie is not too willing to create a new voting system within the flashden forums so we need to convince him that we need to keep the aim of this competition on track. So a few of us have agreed that the best method of voting would be to start a new forum thread and have people vote by writing the name of the competitor they want to win. Obviously people would have needed to be with envato marketplaces before the competition began to have a fair vote.

The purpose of this thread is to convince FlashJunkie to start a new polling system and give the community feel back to the competition. Please help partition this and convince Jay!

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says

eh, I say just let it run with the current poll…

900 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

With you 100%

This competition was suppose to be about bringing back some of that much missed community spirit….the crummy poll just sucked all the fun from it :(

I 2nd a thread based vote to get this back on track

:)

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

that`s how it worked for the xmas comp, and it went well.

698 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

wicked pixel

900 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
that`s how it worked for the xmas comp, and it went well.

exactly!!

I joined FD because of the XMas comp, me and FJ had such a laugh watching it unfold and it really brought out everyones true community spirit :)

4335 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Guys, many of us are having a massive discussion about the subject in this chat

http://www.mind-probe.com/as3/chat/index.html

Me and CC are there aswell.

144 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
unlimited says

100% agree !! :)

I expected something better , but that poll system is useless , i mean this was a FD wallpaper competition , not a “who has more friends ?” competition :)

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

I have to be honest, when I heard this was an online poll, I was very skeptical. There is absolutely no way to stop someone from cheating if they want to bad enough, online polls are notoriously inaccurate and easy to rig. A great example of this the Time magazine online poll that was recently hijacked.

That said, I think most of the authors on here are very ethical and I don’t worry much about those involved in the competition cheating. Still, it’s a possibility.

In the end, I think it is FlashJunkies call, in the future, I would recommend to hold voting in a different style than an online poll.

p.s. I did not enter the competition so I have no stake in this either way, just my two cents :)

3868 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
flashjunkie says

ok ok ok guys, im chatting with the guys about it, for now, keep using the poll system but beware it may be pulled down in favour of a fairer forum based voting system.

And before you guys start creating multiple accounts, if i start a forum vote, only users signed up before June 09 can vote, so if on your profile it says Signed up: June 09 – you arent eligible to vote.

Anyway, ill be back with news soon.

by
by
by
by
by
by