911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

A seen on Envato Notes \\Are you a fine upstanding citizen in the Envato Community? Do you like helping those in need? We Want You! We are looking for some community moderators to help keep the Envato forums a great place to be. The position is voluntary and involves keeping an eye out for other people in the community and helping where you can.

What are we looking for?

Anyone is free to apply to become a community moderator for one of the marketplaces. Ideally, the nominees will meet the following criteria:
  • Existing forum users that have experience with the community.
  • Users that have consistently displayed a positive and helpful attitude on the forums and Marketplaces.
  • Users that have a firm grasp on the English language and can communicate clearly.
  • The desire to be part of an awesome community at Envato!
To be clear, this is not a paid position, the community moderator position is completely voluntary, and is best suited for users that spend time on the forums and would like to help. That said, you will receive some moderator privileges, and of course badges, status and the chance to get to know the staff and the community a bit more than you do already.

If you are interested in being a moderator, getting a new badge and being just plain awesome

fill out this form with your details.

We spoke to one of our favourite mods and past community and forum superstar Jami Gibbs, for some practical tips on how to be a top mod.

\\

What do you like about being a mod?
I think the best thing about becoming a mod is having a greater sense of being part of the amazing Envato community.  Of course, everyone should feel a part of the community regardless of if they’re an author, buyer, or mod because of how welcoming members are and the positive environment. But becoming a moderator made me feel even more committed to the community which is a really great feeling.
What advice would you give to someone considering becoming a mod?
A positive attitude goes a long way.  In situations where emotions are running high, the best thing to do is to approach it with patience and a positive attitude.   Oh, and make sure that you’re very familiar with the forum rules, the wiki, and past threads.  You’re gonna need those links handy often. :)
What, in your opinion, are the most important qualities for a mod to display?
Patience and an intense desire to help other people.
3220 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Im down :-)

1407 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Europe
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+7 more
Stylius says

I’m in. :P

108 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Australiaa says

Me too.

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Being a Community Mod rocks! I’ve been a Mod since 4/21/2010 and it has been a great experience.

36 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
davgothic says

I was about to apply when I saw that I must confirm I have read the “Community Moderator Expectations” document.

Could you post a link to the document please?

3430 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Totally agree with Jami and Ivor (even though I’m only a lowly TF mod, not a full-fledged community mod with super powers :P ) – being a mod is great! Also, it helps you hone your diplomacy skills ;)

2057 posts
Landonw says

I doubt I’ll get the spot, but I’ve learned from doing support that helping people can go a long way. A lot of people won’t show their thanks, but deep inside, everyone you help is thankful.

P.S: I have 1227 posts now, guess that means I’m unelite :(

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says
davgothic said
I was about to apply when I saw that I must confirm I have read the “Community Moderator Expectations” document. Could you post a link to the document please?

[Link removed]

(Travis here – Sorry the guidebook is only needed for those who get picked for moderators, you don’t need to read it to apply :)

I took down the wiki article and the reference to it. Thanks.)

2057 posts
Landonw says
Carmen said
davgothic said
I was about to apply when I saw that I must confirm I have read the “Community Moderator Expectations” document. Could you post a link to the document please?

I had a question as well. When I submitted there wasn’t a “Skype” field, but now there is. What should I do about that?

by
by
by
by
by
by