no-thumbnail
adamsleatherworks Recent Posts
Threads Started
3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
adamsleatherworks says

I’d like to create a website where I can sell electronic downloads online. I will sell my own original files, and keep 100% of the sales price, and I’d also like to allow other people to sell their files on my site where I’d keep a yet-to-be determined percentage of the sales price. In theory, I assume the website would operate much like themeforest and any of the other template websites, where the people at the top operate and maintain the website and provide a place for others to sell their themes.

I would like for the whole process to be automated as much as possible, as opposed to me tracking and manually paying out each affiliate as sales are made.

I’m currently using WooCommerce for my shopping cart, but do not believe they currently have an extension that does what I’m looking for.

Probably my biggest stumbling block thus far is I’m not sure what the correct term is for what I’m looking for. I assume “affiliate” is correct, but that seems to mostly link back to Amazon’s Affiliate program, which is not what I’m looking for.

Thanks, Eric

3120 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says
157 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+6 more
Crusader12 Reviewer says

If you’re comfortable with PHP and don’t mind getting your hands dirty, check out ZenCart. It has built in “physical” and “virtual” downloads. It’s a pretty powerful platform allowing you to lock out customers from specific countries, automate email, packing slips, emails, etc. Handles all of the taxes, keeps customer spreadsheets, tracks customer activity, built-in review system, coupon codes, promo codes, generate profit reports, etc. It will pretty much do whatever you want it to – but will take a bit to learn.

2967 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
TNL3542 says

here is another good one :)http://www.tomatocart.com/

no-thumbnail
Threads Started
3 posts
adamsleatherworks says

WordPress + EED https://easydigitaldownloads.com

Thanks! Looks like that one has a lot of great extensions available and may do exactly what I need!

no-thumbnail
Threads Started
3 posts
adamsleatherworks says

If you’re comfortable with PHP and don’t mind getting your hands dirty, check out ZenCart. It has built in “physical” and “virtual” downloads. It’s a pretty powerful platform allowing you to lock out customers from specific countries, automate email, packing slips, emails, etc. Handles all of the taxes, keeps customer spreadsheets, tracks customer activity, built-in review system, coupon codes, promo codes, generate profit reports, etc. It will pretty much do whatever you want it to – but will take a bit to learn.

Does ZenCart allow you to automatically assign/split sales to the individual content creator and the site owner? Like a commission based sales system?

by
by
by
by
by
by