1145 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Hello All

i know that this isn’t something new, and postings like this will be banned / blocked by mods. But i have found thousands of Envato Marketplace files on one single warez site and asking myself why these are online since quite a while without having them removed by Envato ?

I’m really concerned about the financial loss for all of us authors by this fact. There are various collections to download containing 650+ Videohive AE templates in one single file. The files are online there since 6 months and more, so we can only imagine how many times they have been downloaded and re-shared since then.

If anyone is concerned if one of your files is included there, please fell free to contact me by pm and i’ll send you a list with the files in these warez collections.

I will post any news here if i hear from Envato, or when the files have been taken offline. In case the thread won’t be closed for sure ;)

p.s. i have sent a support ticket with all the necessary informations.

112 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Europe
Vlajki says

Warez sites are for people who will never pay for your file, even if you obliterate every next piracy site you come across. Those people are not buyers, so you should not be concerned about it. If someone is serious about their work they will buy your file appropriately and won’t even think about piracy, so you’re not using buyers, practically :)

1479 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

Envato cannot remove the files… the author has to do it… Because envato is not the maker of the file

1145 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Envato cannot remove the files… the author has to do it… Because envato is not the maker of the file

I’m sure this is incorrect. We are all paying here to have our files hosted and sold, so i think we can expect some sort of support and protection right ?

1145 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Warez sites are for people who will never pay for your file, even if you obliterate every next piracy site you come across. Those people are not buyers, so you should not be concerned about it. If someone is serious about their work they will buy your file appropriately and won’t even think about piracy, so you’re not using buyers, practically :)

You are right of course, but this is not like a warez site where i find a few occasional Envato files, but a huge collection with thousands of files for imediate download which is just not good if these are online for too long !

1145 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

And as a side note :

Did anyone ever think, how one individual can collect thousands of VH AE templates and AJ tracks ?

7794 posts
+4 more
doru says

And as a side note :

Did anyone ever think, how one individual can collect thousands of VH AE templates and AJ tracks ?

is called a collector :)

I’m sure this is incorrect. We are all paying here to have our files hosted and sold, so i think we can expect some sort of support and protection right ?

from the term and conditions (for authors):

“You authorise Envato to submit a DMCA notice to others on your behalf regarding unauthorised use or copies of your Products made elsewhere (without obligation and at Envato’s sole discretion).”

Don’t want to create a faq/walktrough here regarding piracy but as trivia: certain website are located in countries where certain laws don’t apply. So sending DMCAs is pointless and a lost of time and resources for authors and envato.

1145 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Don’t want to create a faq/walktrough here regarding piracy but as trivia: certain website are located in countries where certain laws don’t apply. So sending DMCAs is pointless and a lost of time and resources for authors and envato.

This might apply to most warez sites and the posts / threads where the links to the actual files are posted.

BUT the files itself are hosted on servers from companies located in countries like : Switzerland, Germany, Cyprus etc. and do remove reported / pirated files usualy within 24-48 hours (from my experience).

7794 posts
+4 more
doru says

BUT the files itself are hosted on servers from companies located in countries like : Switzerland, Germany, Cyprus etc. and do remove reported / pirated files usualy within 24-48 hours (from my experience).

there’s a reason why they are located in those countries.

even if they remove them in 24-48 the time is enough for the “business” of selling membership and/or ads.

673 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
abstract-labs says

Very massive list, I think involved authors should try to do something… that’s really bad.

Thanks SonicCube for warning.

by
by
by
by
by
by