11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
themedreams says

Here’s the real deal, you can’t stop piracy….

Once your file gets “approved” guaranteed it will be swarmed and scraped by hundreds of 0day sites.

As an Author I see my new “approved” templates being harvested by hundreds of sites weather I like it or not. This is something we all deal with and are not new to the situation.

I look at it this way,

Either you can go ‘gun ho’ and send a cease and desist order to all sites pirating your nulled template or, you can sit back and rely on the true purchasers that have bought your template legit.

You can’t stop piracy, it will always be here, the only thing you can do is provide support for legit buyers.

7420 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

sorry

got to report the post since it can be used to get back to where the files are supposedly located.

(it can also be a big scam :) meaning the archive is fill of trash and not real files)

1128 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
SonicCube says

I don’t know why someone flagged my above post with the list of the 650+ files contained in the pirated package ? Htere was NO link to the site, nor any name of the site etc. So if anyone wants to check this package, drop me a pm and i’ll send the list over.

Doru – the files are REAL and no scam, and my post did NOT mention the warez site. This site does also NOT appear in Google search result if you use any of the file names.

And i won’t argue here any longer about this issue, people can contact me if they care …

7420 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

it was me.

I find the page where the links are in five second using google and some text from your post

don’t make the mistake to think we don’t care or we are against you because you informed us. we are not the enemies :)

26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
RafaelMota says

Warez sites are for people who will never pay for your file, even if you obliterate every next piracy site you come across. Those people are not buyers, so you should not be concerned about it. If someone is serious about their work they will buy your file appropriately and won’t even think about piracy, so you’re not using buyers, practically :)

Not entirely true. Everyone knows someone that uses warez sites to test software and if happy, buying it. Not the best way to test anything before buying but in the particular case of themes could be handy.

7420 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Not entirely true. Everyone knows someone that uses warez sites to test software and if happy, buying it. Not the best way to test anything before buying but in the particular case of themes could be handy.

is also the fastest way to get your website and server infected

26 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
RafaelMota says

is also the fastest way to get your website and server infected

That could happen, you’re right.

5407 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

A note Piracy discussions in the forums

Please do not post any threads discussing or link to piracy and/or warez sites. These do more damage than good and will be locked or disabled.

Report any copyright, piracy, or warez violations to Envato Support, and see the Knowledgebase for info on Copyright Support.

by
by
by
by
by
by