• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
nackle2k10 says

There is person send me an email asking specification about the theme I sell in here. And when the talk about specification is done, he ask me my paypal account and want to buy the theme from me.

I ask him where did he found this theme and I also told him the theme available on TF.

Later he replied my email with

Themeforest don’t want to accept my paypal transaction, I will send money as familly or good services, there is no chargback !

I don’t feel good with it, so I search his email in the google and found it he run Warez site. Have you ever experience this before?

3552 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Envato has had some issues with PayPal transactions in the past but it has got better and even if that part of his message is true for your own sanity and security I would email them and explain the file is only avaliable through Themeforest for security and technical reasons e.g. Updates and so on and if he has issues with the payment to contact the support here or at PayPal.

323 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
-bianca- says

I agree with Charlie. Also maybe he/she may try this with other authors as well. These authors sell their items on his terms in good faith with all consequences that come along with it. So Envato should definitely be informed about this.

1157 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
tommusrhodus says

I would email them and explain the file is only avaliable through Themeforest for security and technical reasons

Not only that, but as an exclusive author nackle2k10 would be breaking the Envato terms of contract by selling that file outside of themeforest.

@nackle2k10 – if this situation arises or similar, just forward the ‘buyer’ back to theme forest, or on to envato support. Otherwise you’re risking much more than just missing out on one potential sale.

68 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
nackle2k10 says

I would email them and explain the file is only avaliable through Themeforest for security and technical reasons.

Yep, agree. I have try to redirect the buyer back to theme forest. This will make sure everything is fine.

by
by
by
by
by
by