1001 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+7 more
baf2681 Envato team says

Ladies and Gents//

I know some of you are getting irritated with the rejections lately. In order to get everyone on the same page with the watermarks I would like if you could all submit your preview files at the sizes in which the watermarks are prepared. So for HD material PREVIEWS make them either 640×360 or 960×540. For SD material please make them 720×480.

What is currently happening is that some authors are taking the watermark into a Larger comp and then down scaling the output. this makes it look like the watermark was altered because it looks smaller. So if we all stick to the above plan, it will make it easier during the review process. I will also see about updating the upload instruction to incorporate this as well.

Thanks. Brian

417 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Sharky says

Why not just make the water marks for various sizes?

eg, I have a 1920×1080 video. Make a 1920×1080 watermark, then when we down scale it, it will scale properly. Because some previews can be weird sizes like 620×400 or something like that.

Maybe watermarks can be relative sizes of the video? I don’t know, you tell me :)

1001 posts
+7 more
baf2681 Envato team says
Why not just make the water marks for various sizes? eg, I have a 1920×1080 video. Make a 1920×1080 watermark, then when we down scale it, it will scale properly.

Regardless you are downsizing for preview so why not make a precomp the size of the watermark so it matches. The two sizes provided are adequate so there really isnt a reason to make them any other size.

4905 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says
Why not just make the water marks for various sizes?

eg, I have a 1920×1080 video. Make a 1920×1080 watermark, then when we down scale it, it will scale properly. Because some previews can be weird sizes like 620×400 or something like that.

Maybe watermarks can be relative sizes of the video? I don’t know, you tell me :)

Sharky,

I avoided this because if I make a watermark file that is 1980×1020, I was worried people would begin to submit their previews at full HD resolution. Which of course is way too large for most monitors. The resolutions that are provided for the three pre-made watermarks are exactly half the size of full HD. SD can be previewed at its full resolution.

So if done correctly, you import the appropriate watermark that matches your comp size. Drag that watermark file into the new composition button, which will make a new comp that is the same size as the layer. Then, place your video layer on the comp timeline below the watermark, and scale the video down by 50%. This will provide you with a perfect preview file.

As stated earlier the opacity of the watermark is already lowered, and its scale is set correctly, so no changes need to be made. Brian has made some AE Templates up with everything set up, and all you need to do is replace the placeholder layer with your video. I will get these appended to the ZIP thats already in place.

by
by
by
by
by
by