1245 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Quite a simple question really. We can see ratings now, and yesterday I had 3, 5 star ratings with lovely comments.

This morning I wake up to a 1 star rating from a user who has never emailed, left a support ticket, or commented on the theme.

Now the 1 star is accompanied by a message of a perceived bug in the theme, thing is, if I had any method of contacting them or even replying to the review (?) I could talk to them about the perceived bug, let them know how to work with it, and essentially let them know they have a fully working theme (the bug they think they have is simply due to WordPress attachments behaviour.)

What I’m saying is, Envato, together here we both have a dissatisfied customer, now it could just be a troll rating, but I really need some way of trying to help this customer so they don’t just feel like they have lost money here over something that can be explained very simply.

I think a reply box is needed in the review centre. Thoughts?

3804 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

+1

3 posts Get Bowtied
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
getbowtied says

Probably a flag, just like we have on comments would do the trick: http://screencast.com/t/UeJdYDlTT

3804 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

I would add that without the option for an author to reply then what is the benefit to the buyer in the first place of making ratings/comments like this?

1245 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I don’t really like the idea of a flag, it invalidates the whole process really.

I just want a reply box so that I can at least try to help this buyer. Customer service is the name of the game! :)

25 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
oumz says

I don’t really like the idea of a flag, it invalidates the whole process really. I just want a reply box so that I can at least try to help this buyer. Customer service is the name of the game! :)

+1

1081 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
damojo says

Quite a simple question really. We can see ratings now, and yesterday I had 3, 5 star ratings with lovely comments.

This morning I wake up to a 1 star rating from a user who has never emailed, left a support ticket, or commented on the theme.

Now the 1 star is accompanied by a message of a perceived bug in the theme, thing is, if I had any method of contacting them or even replying to the review (?) I could talk to them about the perceived bug, let them know how to work with it, and essentially let them know they have a fully working theme (the bug they think they have is simply due to WordPress attachments behaviour.)

What I’m saying is, Envato, together here we both have a dissatisfied customer, now it could just be a troll rating, but I really need some way of trying to help this customer so they don’t just feel like they have lost money here over something that can be explained very simply.

I think a reply box is needed in the review centre. Thoughts?

We had a similar experience yesterday, so I can wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion.

Receiving a review about a perceived bug without the ability to provide any kind of assistance is actually worse than not receiving this review, as you can do nothing to better the situation. It will just make you and the customer feel bad.

+1

61 posts MeanThemes
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
meanthemes says

We all know how 5 star ratings really boost sales.

What we need is a way to…

a) Contact the buyer to see why they provided a bad rating

b) Remove a bad rating if it is a simple case of misunderstanding or someone trying to maliciously downgrade a theme. Perhaps you could remove one rating a day by default, I think this would still work out fair as any bad themes would be getting a lot of bad ratings and the author wouldn’t be able to keep rectifying the bad rating.

Maybe if the ratings were not instantaneous that would help? e.g. 5 star rating = immediate appearance.

4 star and below = email to author with user details and their reason for the rating. You have 24/48/72 hours to rectify the issue for the customer or the rating stands.

3524 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Guys, you’re loosing your time coming up with ideas. No one listens, no cares, no one takes action. You all know this. All of these suggestions were discussed in the other thread but they were useless, just like these ones.

61 posts MeanThemes
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
meanthemes says

Ruben, you may be right but its worth a try.

And on my point a) All I was seeing was anonymous but now I see real people for the last couple so there is a way of contacting them at least :)

by
by
by
by
by
by