49 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
catherinehills Dev says

I don’t really like the idea of a flag, it invalidates the whole process really. I just want a reply box so that I can at least try to help this buyer. Customer service is the name of the game! :)

Thanks for your comments @TommusRhodus. We did consider a flagging mechanism but for the reason you specified it was felt this would lower the integrity of the ratings system, as this is meant to be a method for buyers of items to submit their true assessment of quality. Concerning replies to buyers who submit low ratings or reviews relating to problems they might be experiencing with an item, we also have considered this in the UX and hope that in the not to distant future in our development planning we can accomodate this kind of feature.

Thanks for your feedback :)

1 post
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
swscreative says

I agree, we have ran into this issue in the past before. We offer awesome support, and it hurts us when a user gives a terrible rating without any way to reaching out to them. And what makes it worse is that they never create a support ticket. Envato really needs to fix this. I would love to have a feature to allow the author to reply to rating comments. If Amazon can do this, I know that Envato can.

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

I don’t really like the idea of a flag, it invalidates the whole process really. I just want a reply box so that I can at least try to help this buyer. Customer service is the name of the game! :)

Thanks for your comments @TommusRhodus. We did consider a flagging mechanism but for the reason you specified it was felt this would lower the integrity of the ratings system, as this is meant to be a method for buyers of items to submit their true assessment of quality. Concerning replies to buyers who submit low ratings or reviews relating to problems they might be experiencing with an item, we also have considered this in the UX and hope that in the not to distant future in our development planning we can accomodate this kind of feature.

Thanks for your feedback :)

MASSIVE +1, we absolutely need the ability to reply back to buyers with high or low ratings that way we can send a simple thanks or work out whatever issues they had with the hopes of them coming back and re-rating the item. Its nice seeing the comments of why, but whats the point if we can’t work out the problems or concerns.

by
by
by
by
by
by