• Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Hi people

I’ve seeing endless posts about a client asking for a song or loop for a project, and never give a positive or negative answer to us authors, or at least closing the post telling us that the search is over.

I think there’s should be a better way, we need an app or a place inside envato to handle this kind of request.

I propose the following:

• The client post the song request (description, mood, link to a similar song, etc)
  • An author suggest 2 or 3 songs in response to it’s request. The client get an email notification and he can then reject or accept those suggestions by checking a box (something simple)
  • When the client find what it needs he can close the thread or if there is no activity for a while the thread automatically closes itslef

What do you think ?

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Finland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
scoringaudiogeeks says

+1 That sounds great! Item request threads are very silly – old threads get revived occasionally and gets cluttered fast because of no feedback from a client.

1120 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

+1

Just afrraid, that this is nothing Envato benefits from :(

429 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
thesecession says

That would be AMAZING ! I think it would be incredibly useful to clients, simply fill out a form of what you’re looking for then all the authors pitch their songs to you. Could be a feature that really helps bring AJ ahead of the royalty free music crowd.

I think it would be better if it’s coded as a new feature on the website instead of in the forums too.

1044 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says
SonicCube said
+1 Just afrraid, that this is nothing Envato benefits from :(

Hi, I think Envato could benefit a lot with something like this just due the fact customers will find faster what they looking for, avoiding frustration that could cause to find the song they want elsewhere…

Faster request / feedback = happier ($$) client = authors happier = envato happier :)

by
by
by
by
by
by