639 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says
I know I could have asked this at the support center. But I wanted all authors to see it too because it’s important for all of us.
Every week we get at least 5 users asking for item support on the forums, here are the reasons why they do so:
  1. They didn’t know they could contact the author
  2. They didn’t know there was a “Comment” section
  3. They decide to post on the forums even though they contacted author and even asked support in item’s “comment” section
  4. They contacted the author, but author never replies
  5. They contacted author, author didn’t reply yet
  6. They didn’t get item from source <== I suppose
There may be some more reasons… Here is what I do for them:
  1. I let them know about it
  2. I let them know about it
  3. I ask them to wait for the author’s reply
  4. What should I do there, should I offer help or ask them to keep waiting?
  5. I ask them to wait, but what if they come next week and say author still never replies?
  6. This is a supposition for the two reasons above, but there are always exceptions.

Can a staff please answer the reasons #4 and #5 please? This can help authors so they know what to do on these occasions. I couldn’t find these in the forum rules.
Here is a little suggestion:
I don’t know if a purchase ID can harm stuffs, but you can take that under consideration: On the item page, only authors will be able to see a tab saying “Check Purchase”, on this page, there will be a form asking for a purchase ID. So when the user asks for item support because author is not answering or cannot help, other authors ask for purchase ID and go check on item’s “Check Purchase” section before giving help.
If anybody else thinks this should be great. Let the staff know. I don’t know if this can work out. And please Staff, answer these questions so we can know.

5633 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

It’s really completely up to you. If you feel like helping out a buyer that’s great :) If they have a purchase badge then it’s highly likely that they’ve purchased that particular file. So go ahead and give them some help if you have the time or know the solution.

639 posts
+1 more
Crakken says

It’s really completely up to you. If you feel like helping out a buyer that’s great :) If they have a purchase badge then it’s highly likely that they’ve purchased that particular file. So go ahead and give them some help if you have the time or know the solution.

The thing is, what if they didn’t get the item from the source? Having a badge saying they bought 1-9 items doesn’t mean they bought the particular item. So I don’t want to waste my time helping someone who’s stealing.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

That is why you will always need point clients to the contact form from your profile. When they use that form you will get a link that says if they bought your file or not. Point to that form in your item details and in the item help file.

5633 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Don’t take this as 100% accurate, but people who have bought items in the past will typically continue to buy items :) So I usually make the assumption that everything’s legit.

639 posts
+1 more
Crakken says

That is why you will always need point clients to the contact form from your profile. When they use that form you will get a link that says if they bought your file or not. Point to that form in your item details and in the item help file.

I’m talking about other authorss items. But never mind guys, I thought it’s because nobody cared that they didn’t reply, but it seems like it’s because I’m bad at making people understand me.

2063 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

Just ask the customer for their purchase code and look it up via the API .

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I’m talking about other authorss items. But never mind guys, I thought it’s because nobody cared that they didn’t reply, but it seems like it’s because I’m bad at making people understand me.

It is simple, just ask the buyer about the item name, search it on here and check the item comments page. Probably you can find the buyer comment on there with label “purchased”. If the buyer not even commented, don’t bother even helping.

639 posts
+1 more
Crakken says

Yeah, that can be the solution. I will create a private one and maybe share it later.

It is simple, just ask the buyer about the item name, search it on here and check the item comments page. Probably you can find the buyer comment on there with label “purchased”.
What if they didn’t comment?
1562 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+9 more
dorde says

How? I would really like to know how…

by
by
by
by
by
by