1732 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I have always been confident we are (and always will be) the most important player in the design world, the “de facto” and the Machete of the web design and development. Correct me if I am wrong.

The level of design quality is just amazing. “We’re on the wave” and we’re growing strength every single second with every new item and member. Man, the community breathes HTML5 and CSS3 and WP and Drupal and Joomla, it’s amazing.

Imagine how many new things the Themeforest design have brought to the community:
  • page builders / visual composers
  • amazing shortcodes and generators
  • best practices from one platform were welcomed into another, for instance one I know is: Wordpress shortcodes system went to Joomla, alot of amazing multiplatform implementations / adaptations
  • sliders… you know those amazing content showcase extensions, just mind blast
  • design RULZ folks
Hmm, you didn’t get it yet? Let’s face the facts in numbers:
  • 18400+ Themeforest Forums Threads alone (today 1st of March)
  • 2270+ authors on Themeforest alone (today 1st of March), not to mention how many authors come from theme clubs and even from other fields
  • 350+ (estimated) elite authors ($75k+ total income), 9 POWER ELITE AUTHORS ($1mil total income), 1 KRIESI POWER ELITE ($2mil total income)
  • 7270+ items on Themeforest alone (today 1st of March), I think it’s more than all other theme clubs and marketplaces combined, not sure :P
  • The community blogs
  • Trends Metrics

Well? How do you like that?

639 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

Soooooo….... uhm? Well done? haha nice preach

3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

We are also guilty about all the websites nowdays looking so similar and boring.
I’m not a young guy and can promise this is one of the most boring times in term of web design. Although, i’ve to say that is one of the most interesting times if we talk about functionality, applications and conceptualization.

298 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
crossroad says

We are also guilty about all the websites nowdays looking so similar and boring.

Did you mean the themes on Themeforest ?

1732 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I have to agree partly. We provide templates, as concepts of design and I am not only talking about how it looks like, but how it works. Most buyers get them and use all they get with our sample data, just the exact same as our demos.

Other bring a ton of ideas to life, from one original design to another custom and amazing work.

It’s up to them what goes out to the web really.

Anyways, another thing I forgot to say is this: Themeforest is a game changer for Open Source, Web design, a new way of life for many, an easy way of make a living for others. Brilliant.

954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
aleluja says

Well, i’d add a “design templates” since templates are uncompareable to custom made design in terms of potential and it’s strength

3602 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I won’t fully agree with this.. We merely offer an alternative to a pricey custom and creative site.. Is our alternative boring(not because our theme is boring but because it is used by 1000 people)? Yes! Is it cheap? oh boy..

So we are not to be blamed about spreading the same templates all over the industry.. We are just providing a cheap solution to people who want to save money. And the “price” of a cheap website is “the risk of your competitor having the exact same site” :D

590 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
CodeSwift says
page builders / visual composers

Found an “interesting” (well it was interesting back then) footage from 2 years ago demonstrating content composer while it was still in development (all it had was blank and separator module).

Who knew that in 2 years it would become so popular. :)

http://www.screenr.com/zlb

1694 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

I think the world of anything mostly ruled by purchasers :)

Edit: By the way, is there a way to know how many of the current members are sellers(developers-designers who try to sell their items here) or purchasers (and not including the ones with some tricky accounts :) )

by
by
by
by
by
by