• Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

This is my proposal,

it looks like normal type of files don’t sell anymore. Just creating a normal item is not enough anymore, now you need 500 images and like 2000 compositions and also a minimum running time of at least 10 minutes and off course lots of features and customizations

So this new rule should be implemented, where there’s no point in uploading normal items anymore because the marketplace wants BUNDLES with the maximum number of assets and option and features you can included.

It may be wordpress themes with ALL plugins and customizations found on earth in one file or videohive items with 10 or 100 projects in one.

Buyers looks like they like it so we should stop pretending, delete all the stupid items we did till now and start uploading the NEW types of files.

But seriously ENVATO, when enough is enough? When you will say, this item have TOO MUCH stuff inside, it will not be FAIR for the rest of authors to put in on the marketplace?

I know ENVATO will NOT ANSWER to this questions, looks like they choose the ignore tactics lately so this is just a rant with no future.

I’m done. :(

2959 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+11 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Lol

1837 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

There are buyers who buy “not so good items” too. I don’t see why anyone should delete their items. Most items have hard work, sweat and blood poured into them and it’s not fair to delete them just because someone suggests it. This is the job of the reviewer to differentiate between the good and bad.

148 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
loveetc says

@Doru,

Sad to hear but may be it will help if you could state the problem clearly. Has any of your item rejected because of lack of features?

161 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
wpthemers says

This is my proposal,

it looks like normal type of files don’t sell anymore. Just creating a normal item is not enough anymore, now you need 500 images and like 2000 compositions and also a minimum running time of at least 10 minutes and off course lots of features and customizations

So this new rule should be implemented, where there’s no point in uploading normal items anymore because the marketplace wants BUNDLES with the maximum number of assets and option and features you can included.

It may be wordpress themes with ALL plugins and customizations found on earth in one file or videohive items with 10 or 100 projects in one.

Buyers looks like they like it so we should stop pretending, delete all the stupid items we did till now and start uploading the NEW types of files.

But seriously ENVATO, when enough is enough? When you will say, this item have TOO MUCH stuff inside, it will not be FAIR for the rest of authors to put in on the marketplace?

I know ENVATO will NOT ANSWER to this questions, looks like they choose the ignore tactics lately so this is just a rant with no future.

I’m done. :(

Really well said. I’ve felt like this for a long time now. Just so that we can have a fancy features list (essay in my opinion), author are bundling 6 or more types of slider and plugins in a theme. In my view, it’s pointless. Not to mention it no longer remains a theme but a huge bloatware.

As for why this is happening, I “feel” what we authors feel is that buyers are idiots, they’ll buy anything that comes in a pretty package and promises some cool “new” feature. Once again which is wrong. We should leave the decision to the end users on what features they might need.

I can only see this trend getting worse day by day.

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Sooo… what you’re saying is:

“Higher quality template files that have more customisation options and features sell better than lower quality files with less features” ...?

1327 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
IngeniousArtist says

Too much stuff doesn’t always mean that it’s good ;)
Some People just likes to stuff it up with things to make it look like it good 8-)

1990 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Oh oh – our birdie sounds frustrated ;)

I hope you are not right with your suggestion…!

Personal I think or at least I hope, it’s not that bad! Bundles are pushing sales and I’m sure they attract new customers, which is good for all of us. But yeah, there shouldn’t be too many, not that some buyers are just waiting for the next bundle instead of buying items, that could happen if there are three or four bundles a year….

But I hope the (birthday) bundle will not affect our sales too much – we will see.

3445 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Sooo… what you’re saying is: “Higher quality template files that have more customisation options and features sell better than lower quality files with less features” ...?

Less features doesn’t mean lower quality. This is a great misconception about stock files and unfortunately, this is what buyers think now. That’s why originality is almost dead on the marketplaces..

939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

^ +1

I’m amazed by how many people got you wrong doru :D

by