71 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
TitanicThemes says

So are you guys saying that it would be helpful if these kind of rules (where possible) could be more clearly defined for all our other Marketplaces too? For example, allowing a ThemeForest item to only have a certain number of third-party sliders or plugins (particularly if those sliders/plugins are sold individually on CodeCanyon)?
I think the problem is not putting limits but pricing the item at his real value. If an item has 10x more value than one that cost 45$, then it should be priced at 450$.
+1 We offer to much for to less.. and we are heading to the wrong direction. We are forced to work a “whole year” for a theme just to have e decent number of sales.

Buyer are forced to buy tools, not themes. Themeforest is a place for monstrous themes.
Also true.

The bundle issue is very discussable. Personalty i don’t mind the bundles as long i have the chance one time a year, or maybe when is my birthday, Ester and Christmas to put all my items together and sell them for $20 . No ?

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

It’s funny to see a name like “TitanicThemes” arguing against massive themes. :)

2706 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Envato does reject files for lack of features. They say that it “Does not have enough features to compete in the the marketplace”. The design may be fine but they want you to add those 10,000 plus shortcodes and infinite color options with every font known to the universe.

Hello ThemeBuddies! I took a look at your submission that got rejected for you and I can see why the reviewers rejected it on this occasion. They were quite specific in what was wrong with it, and without going into too many details publicly, your item was very generic. It was not rejected because it lacked lots and lots of features. The overall feeling I got from reading the reviewer’s note to you was that there was not enough in the overall design and concept that differentiated it from other themes.

I think it’s important to clarify the difference between a theme not being accepted because it’s generic, and the assumption you put forward that it was rejected because it lacked “10,000 plus shortcodes and infinite color options.” I’m checking into that for everyone just to be sure, but I really don’t think those are actual requirements on ThemeForest.

If it is any help by the way, I think your rejected item is a great starting point to build upon. If you can come up with a unique design concept and apply it to your theme or try to tailor it towards a specific niche, you might be able to rework it significantly enough that one day it will be approved. Many, if not all authors here have had rejections. It’s horrible. I’ve had plenty myself I can assure you! But the key point is that items are rejected for specific, valid reasons. And we are happy to share those reasons with you. And authors like us should try not to give up. Keep trying. Good luck.

4665 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Delete the whole marketplace and start again cos we’ll all know what was possible and try harder next time around :)

484 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
omarabid says

aren’t the new rules supposed to solve this problem? I agree the marketplace (especially for plugins) is crap, but it makes money, has consistent cash-flow and is growing.

I guess if you want to have a professional offering and a rich clientele you should go solo.

186 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ThemeBuddies says

Envato does reject files for lack of features. They say that it “Does not have enough features to compete in the the marketplace”. The design may be fine but they want you to add those 10,000 plus shortcodes and infinite color options with every font known to the universe.

Hello ThemeBuddies! I took a look at your submission that got rejected for you and I can see why the reviewers rejected it on this occasion. They were quite specific in what was wrong with it, and without going into too many details publicly, your item was very generic. It was not rejected because it lacked lots and lots of features. The overall feeling I got from reading the reviewer’s note to you was that there was not enough in the overall design and concept that differentiated it from other themes.

I think it’s important to clarify the difference between a theme not being accepted because it’s generic, and the assumption you put forward that it was rejected because it lacked “10,000 plus shortcodes and infinite color options.” I’m checking into that for everyone just to be sure, but I really don’t think those are actual requirements on ThemeForest.

If it is any help by the way, I think your rejected item is a great starting point to build upon. If you can come up with a unique design concept and apply it to your theme or try to tailor it towards a specific niche, you might be able to rework it significantly enough that one day it will be approved. Many, if not all authors here have had rejections. It’s horrible. I’ve had plenty myself I can assure you! But the key point is that items are rejected for specific, valid reasons. And we are happy to share those reasons with you. And authors like us should try not to give up. Keep trying. Good luck.

I talked to the reviewer a few times. I tried changing up the design a little to make it better and was told that it wasn’t just the design that got it rejected. It was soft rejected and we abandoned the mission. The reviewer told me that there were not enough options in the theme to compete with other themes in the marketplace. This information is in the form letter you guys send out.

It is obvious to me that design alone won’t cut it here anymore. We as authors need to put in the thousand shortcodes and color combinations in order to “Compete” with other others. I ended up taking the theme to another marketplace and have been making sales there.

7590 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

@Doru, Sad to hear but may be it will help if you could state the problem clearly. Has any of your item rejected because of lack of features?

no. :)

188 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Auralaxiom says

Hey, it is what it is. In general, if you produce a quality item, it will sell (at least in my experience). I guess Audiojungle isn’t as effected by this kind of stuff as the other marketplaces (?)

by
by
by
by
by
by