5 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Romania
ClujDesign says

Hello world!

I don’t really know how many of you are familiar with that sentence. I’m a hardcore programmer and I’m new to webdesign. Recently I developed a web 2.0 theme, I tried something new, something fresh, something different and unique.

One page jquery theme, and please remember, it’s my first try so please be kind in your reply. What’s wrong? What is good? If something is really really bad, do tell.

Almost forget, http://clujdesign.com

Thank you, clujdesign

5 posts
  • Romania
ClujDesign says

Not a single opinion?

It would be nice to have at least one opinion. Can’t really submit or do something before hearing people reply to my design. Otherwise, it stands to me as not chatchy enough.

1589 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

1) The slider arrows are a little bit tricky, it reacts after like 2-3 seconds..Maybe that’s the default behaviour but that’s weird for me. 2) The overall layout is a little bit weird…The first time I navigated I was like… “where’s the content?”. You said it was a one-page design… Ok, but you should have the whole content on the homepage based on scrolling or something, because the way it is now it’s quite hard to make the users click the nav in order to see more content.

Btw, the text under “jQuery power text” is incredibly small, do you expect someone to actually read that?

I see you have some arrows near the content area, but they don’t do anything. I tried clicking on multiple items, navigating from here to there and still don’t understand 100% how it’s supposed to work. I clicked on portfolio and the footer dissapeared…

The user experience is horrible, make it more user-friendly.

5 posts
  • Romania
ClujDesign says

That’s the slider default behavior, I guess it’s really hard to change that. I’ll never try that’s for sure.

The one page design refers to one html page. For instance, if you click about or portolio it’s still the same html page. I understand that here one page design means one page with infinite scrolling. What do you think about footer removal after the home page change?

Daca intelegi.. despre design ce crezi? in fond asta ma intereseaza mai mult decat experienta userului, oricum aia nu e gata si vroiam sa-i aduc completari. Tema din punctul asta de vedere nu e gata. Dar ma intereseaza designul. Cum e? Am sanse la submit? Continut mai mult, mai intuitiv, asta am inteles. Lucruri pe care apesi si sa faca mai multe cu siguranta. Dar designul?

Multumesc de raspuns..

812 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rvision_ says

the layout is different, but it’s messy… I have no idea what to look at and what is clickable

51 posts
  • Exclusive Author
MightyFine says

That’s the slider default behavior, I guess it’s really hard to change that. I’ll never try that’s for sure.

While I don’t understand why you don’t want to talk english … http://rhinoslider.com/options/

in your head section there is the code

$(document).ready(function() {
$(’#slider’).rhinoslider({
effect: ‘explode’,
autoPlay: false,
showControls: ‘always’,
showBullets: ‘never’
});
});

You would just add the delay there. I suppose it’s the value for showTime, so it would be

showBullets: ‘never’,
showTime: 5000
});
});

where 5000 is 5 seconds.

Cheers

1396 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Anyway, I really think there are some really neat ideas, congrats :)

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

“web 2.0” was webdev slang back in 2009-2010. We can leave it to history books now. :)
The explosion thing can be a little distracting if you want to read stuff from homepage – it’s too big.

5 posts
  • Romania
ClujDesign says

While I don’t understand why you don’t want to talk english … http://rhinoslider.com/options/

in your head section there is the code

showBullets: ‘never’
});
}); You would just add the delay there. I suppose it’s the value for showTime, so it would be

showBullets: ‘never’,
showTime: 5000
});
});

where 5000 is 5 seconds.

Cheers
I think he was talking about the response time. If you click the arrow there is a big delay time that can not be removed. Smaller showtime doesn’t provide a quick response.

Anyway, I really think there are some really neat ideas, congrats :)
Thank you.

“web 2.0” was webdev slang back in 2009-2010. We can leave it to history books now. :)
The explosion thing can be a little distracting if you want to read stuff from homepage – it’s too big.
Maybe I’ll change the effect with something more clean.

the layout is different, but it’s messy… I have no idea what to look at and what is clickable
Yes, it is messy.

Thank all of you for reviews. The themeforest expectations are high indeed, I think the design is different but the main area is too messy. I’ll try a soft clean redesign and if that works i’ll try submiting, otherwise I will sell this template on other markets.

I will not give up and with work I will succeed. Work and passion are the main reason for succes, and I will belive that no matter what.

1196 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

I subscribe with the guys above me, also I’ve found a bug in Chrome (haven’t tested in any other browser), which causes the scroll to stop working if the mouse is over the slider, for example if I start scroll the page down and my mouse gets over the slider, the scroll stops working, I’m not sure if this was intended or not but I find it really annoying since the slider doesn’t have any behaviour if you use the scroll mouse (e.g: to scroll between the slides). Although quite nice design.

All the best,

Alexandru P.

by
by
by
by
by
by