• Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Either platform will be great. Just go with what you like, or go with both, or go with neither. Also, make sure you have a goat in the back yard to keep your grass mowed. Oh, and you should adopt an oompa loompa. They need good homes you know. ;-)

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
Either platform will be great. Just go with what you like, or go with both, or go with neither. Also, make sure you have a goat in the back yard to keep your grass mowed. Oh, and you should adopt an oompa loompa. They need good homes you know. ;-)

This is good advice for all things in life. I always have a spare oompa loompa somewhere.

Seriously, always do what works best for you. If it works for what you need, that’s all that matters :)

217 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
CreativeStable says

Considering you can run photoshop and very similar coding programs on either platform I think this is kind of a silly question :P I use a mac at work and a PC at home, and I prefer the mac for doing design work… but mostly because the screen is way bigger lol.

226 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
chipree says

First of all.. waw! would you look at all the responses… I just came back to the forum to check on stuff.. and saw 12 replies .. nice!

Thanks everyone for all your answers.. I have decided.. PC with windows 7 .. (as I can build it with everything that I want/afford/need). You’ve been really helpful ! (and jremick very funny and helpful at the same time… lol… the goat (google?) thing is a nice bonus :D )

715 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Belgium
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Hy-Studio says

Unlike CreativeStable I use Mac at home and Windows at work :D

Had several PC’s at work before, but since almost 5 years I’m on Mac and I can say I don’t want to switch back to windows at home, it just simple to use and I never have software issues, neither speed issue.

At work my pc is ‘younger’ than my Mac at home and the hardware is higher and faster then my Mac, well now it’s very slow and my Mac didn’t get any slower after 2years :D

But as some have said here, go with that where you feel more comfortable with ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by