298 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
campuscodi says

The Webby Awards are a scam.Just some media hype. Who pays the more gets the prize. Why do you think only big companies win. Do you really think ESPN is the best sports website. Don’t be ridiculous. I know personal blogs with better up-to-date content than last year’s winner.

382 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blabus says

Wow, that’s really interesting, I had no idea it worked that way. Kind of a shame though. Perhaps we need to take it upon ourselves to create a proper web design awards organization. :)

556 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in a magazine Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+17 more
theMOLITOR says
Perhaps we need to take it upon ourselves to create a proper web design awards organization. :)

I think it would be cool if there was an annual “Envato Awards” ceremony. Various categories for all the different marketplaces. Of course, we would need to prevent authors from voting for their own files ;-)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says
Perhaps we need to take it upon ourselves to create a proper web design awards organization. :)
I think it would be cool if there was an annual “Envato Awards” ceremony. Various categories for all the different marketplaces. Of course, we would need to prevent authors from voting for their own files ;-)

I’m all for that – free entry – judging by peers and envato staff and just $295 for your trophy and anyone who wishes to be a sponsor it’s $10k – oh and acceptance speeches should be 2 words only ;)

630 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says
Wow, that’s really interesting, I had no idea it worked that way. Kind of a shame though.

I think it’s kore a case of you get nominated for a Webby, you go on their site, people go vote for you…so the bigger site is always going to win and they’ll send more hits that way (more people voting)..

Sorry to sound negative but I find TF a bit ‘clicky’ with somepeople bum-licking a few top notchers (talented no doubt but I hate brown-nosers) and thus people like me who aren’t part of the click wouldn’t get votes…so it would just be another popularity contest rather than any real skill and originality.

What d’ya think?

298 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
campuscodi says

Totally agree.

by
by
by
by
by
by