1841 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Hey Friends, I will need a website converted: Website

The website currently runs on wordpress but it’s not very manageable (not sure why). Updating is a nightmare …any suggestions?

Type required: Portfolio+Blog with paypal payment options. Budget USD $500 or lesser. I would also like to have ad space similar to the psd tuts website.

Can you show me an appropriate theme? it doesn’t have to be your own item.

You may send me an email: sherms3k@yahoo.com

3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

The website currently runs on wordpress but it’s not very manageable (not sure why). Updating is a nightmare …any suggestions?

It could prove to be very helpful if you specify the problems a bit further – what are the things that annoy you and make it unmanagable? What practical shortcomings do you notice? What makes updating a nightmare?

1841 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Firstly! I am having to do a little bit of coding to update stuff, the built in text editor doesn’t help much.

Would have liked the sidebar to be in the form of a widget.

Ideally I would like a separate page to describe the items in more detail.

Payment options via paypal

Site takes a wee bit to open considering there is nothing much.

426 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

It seems that perhaps a just a new theme would fix a lot of your grievances this, looking at the site, i really think that a theme incorporating some custom posts etc and built to allow you to update all the relevant bits from on posting area

I guess at the mo you have a separate gallery/portfolio/posts so keeping everything updated requires you to do more than just hitting ‘new post’ which is not the way it should be

I build a system so that all my client does is log into wordpress and he gets a special admin area – a pic is here http://fileit4.me/uploads/1038006626.dash2.png

from there they just have the bits needed, when they hit ‘new article’ they get this http://fileit4.me/uploads/1577807512.dash3.jpg which allows them to post something new to the main site. to twitter, to their facebook page or a few other places – all they do is select the places they want the post to by selecting all the relevant categores and off it goes

The idea was to make it totally foolproof, but also easy so that anyone can understand what to do

imo, WP would still be ideal for you. Some forward planning a decent theme would be my suggestion, if I can help in anyway, please dont hesitate to ask

by
by
by
by
by
by