21 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Denmark
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
marcanti says

My technology is patent pending so if I get the patent and similar websites show up, they have the risk of legal issues with me.

Regarding you authors wanting to get payed per mp4 video sold, it is TOTALLY NOT FAIR ! Imagine that I sell 1000 mp4 video files for a template that costs $200 to produce by an Indian freelancer. It is totally not fair to pay the template author $30.000 (in case the template sells for $30). I’m currently not selling more than 2 videos per day, its a new and unknown website, but it could happen in the future. I think it is fair to pay a single price of between $200 to $500, or the same as the videohive extended license, because that is almost the price of having a freelancer create it in India (some templates costs more, if they have lots of 3D stuff going on).

So, I think its not fair that in theory you want $30.000 if I sell 1000 mp4 video files out of your template. Totally crazy price when the template cost at the most between $200 to $1000 to produce! And the reason it would sell 1000 mp4 files is not because of your amazing template, its because of my software and my efforts to find customers. You do absolutely nothing to generate these sales!

At the moment, the only market you serve are AE professionals because they are the only ones that can make use of AE project files… Regular non-tech users that do not have AE software is not among your costomers. They are my customers, and you want them to pay you for each mp4 file!?... Give me a break… Imagine if Adobe also would ask a “pay per usage” so I also had to pay Adobe for each mp4 file rendered in AE!? In principle, that is what you are asking!

So, I will never agree on paying per usage for my own website (What my affiliate partners do is up to them)... I rather have freelancers in India do all the templates, and trust me, they can do the same stuff as you are doing. So, I would agree paying you a single price and you can set this price as high as you want and let the market and competition decide… Set the price of extended license to $1000 or $500, I don’t care, as long it allows for unlimited mp4 files to be produced.

Bottom line: The market price for producing AE templates ranges from between $100 and $1000 per template, depending on the quality and complexiness… So It is out of proportion that in theory, you are asking for $30.000 if, through my hard work, I sell 1000 MP4 videos based on the template. You do absolutely nothing to generate these sales but still you are asking for 50% or more of the revenue! Totally not fair!

THIS WOULD BE FAIR :

If you do all the sales work, and you are responsible for bringing the customer and making the sale, then I agree on giving you a 50% cut, otherwise, no way… If you want to get payed per sale, you have to work for it.

61 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Creative-Medias says

I agree VH and other website could offer a buy out license – but please we need to fix our own price on this, not reviewers! Again this is something you can trade with none exclusive users.

It is fair and it is the rules to get pay per mp4 video sold. You are making money with our products, you have to fix a price superior to the template or you are taking our money.

If you are not agree with that, as you said hire freelancers in India to do the job and remove our templates.

61 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
Creative-Medias says

Bottom line: The market price for producing AE templates ranges from between $100 and $1000 per template, depending on the quality and complexiness… So It is out of proportion that in theory, you are asking for $30.000 if, through my hard work, I sell 1000 MP4 videos based on the template. You do absolutely nothing to generate these sales!!

You are using some of the best templates available, created by the best authors. Some of my templates create more than $10.000 of value just on the marketplaces and I do not count the value generated by clients, agency using our templates. And I am (very) small compared to elite author, I guess it can reach $30.000 on the templates you use from CreativeLab.

If you are as good in business as in programming you can easily take advantage of the situation and generate profit on your sales even if you pay per use. Prices on videohive are low, under $30, why you cannot fix a price that allow you to remunerate authors and generate profit for you? Instead of offer for customization some of my templates at $9 ? Honestly what you do is not fair.

21 posts
  • Denmark
marcanti says

If you want to get payed per Mp4 video sale, you have to work for it.

The hard part is not making the template, it is making the mp4 video sale!

Just sitting back after making the template and expect 50% cut of all Mp4 video sales is just not fair… That would be too easy for you, while I have to do all the hard work for making a sale and rendering a mp4 video. Comon, this is totally obvious and anyone with common sense will acknowledge this…

The prices for mp4 video I have now is what the market and my target customers will accept. At higher prices I would not make enough sales… Prices range from $9 to $39 depending on how advanced the template is and how long it takes to render the video file… I’m actually struggling to cover my costs… I would have to sell 20 times more just to cover my salary.

So help me with the sales and I will gladly give you a commission of 30% to 50% depending on how much you sell… I’m currently working on an affiliate system…

61 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
Creative-Medias says

And the reason it would sell 1000 mp4 files is not because of your amazing template, its because of my software and my efforts to find customers. You do absolutely nothing to generate these sales!

Envato too has a great infrastructure and advertising cost… and we have a 33 to 70% deal on each sell. Your effort to find customers consist of customize our products for a price inferior to what we can sell here, and make money with OUR products.

If our “amazing” templates you are using are not generating any sales, why keep them?

61 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
Creative-Medias says

The hard part is not making the template, it is making the sale!

Man, seriously, it is hard for you to make a sale when you offer $9 for some the best templates available?

61 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
Creative-Medias says

Just sitting back after making the template and expect 50% cut of all Mp4 video sales is just not fair… That would be too easy for you, while I have to do all the hard work for making a sale and rendering a mp4 video. Comon, this is totally obvious and anyone with common sense will acknowledge this…

Nobody here will acknowledge this, because you are not respecting the rules. When a client create a video with one of our templates he must purchase the template, this is how it works.

You are in the same case.

21 posts
  • Denmark
marcanti says

As far as I know of, I’m respecting the extended license term in using templates in my video software. My laywer is currently reviewing the license terms, and if he finds that I am not complying with the terms, I will remove the 3 templates from videohive that I am using.

I’m arguing here that paying the template author per mp4 video sale is not fair unless you help make the sale… The sale of mp4 videos online based on AE templates is NOT something that videohive or anyone else can do at the moment, it is a new market that I’m creating, so it is new rules!

This new market that I am starting now is for reaching the masses, non tech users that do not have AE software… Buying a cool looking video based on AE template is now something anyone can do from within a web browser… So its new rules… Rules for selling mp4 video files online… You can keep the rules for selling templates, cause that is not what I’m doing.

61 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
Creative-Medias says

As far as I know of, I’m respecting the extended license term in using templates in my video software. My laywer is currently reviewing the license terms, and if he finds that I am braking the terms, I will remove the 3 templates from videohive that I am using.

Be prepare to remove the other from Pond5. Staff and the authors have been warned.

205 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
acuredreamgift says

This is great idea, Marcanti, but it’s illegal what you do currently. Licences on Videohive are for only one use. That means, that you can’t produce more than one mp4 video with one extended licence (or regular). Extended license only gives you ability to distribute that one produced mp4 as part of some product that earns you money(like, for example, someone make intro with extended licence, and then puts it on their training DVD as intro, and he later sells that DVD ). Regular licence is for for free viewing, like on Youtube.
So, you don’t need to pay for extended license for every use, you can put that option for user. So, let’s say I’m a user, and I need intro for my Youtube channel… You’ll need to buy one regular licence for me, add your fee, and everyone is happy. But if I need to put that video as part of something that earns me money, I could choose something like “Buy for extended use” instead of that regular, and you buy one extended licence for me from Videohive, add your fee, and again, everybody is happy because it’s legal.
You can look at it like this: many authors here are contacted by some client that need customization. Then, he tell which project he need customized and for what use. Then contacted author, buys appropriate licence on Videohive, and charge that client that amount + customization fee. Client gets his video, but he don’t have access to template itself. Your clients are just like those clients, your website is that customization service, and your software is that author. So best, and only right thing for you is to buy appropriate license for every use. And you don’t need to be at loss, you just charge price of project licence + your fee which will be your profit. I charge customization $100(and up) +price of licence.

by
by
by
by
by
by