59 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
Little-Neko says

Hello, we submitted a theme twice, and we are getting the usual rejection for genericness. This is what was answered :

” The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Your theme still look generic and simplistic, we have plenty similar themes already and we’re looking for more unique themes in terms of design concept and layout.”

Here is the link : http://himalaya-website-template.little-neko.com/

Any help and constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Thanks

34 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
fireform says

As for me design is nice but a bit generic. I think it is somewhere between typical and minimal design, but neither the one nor the other. If you want a minimal design, you should review the typography and whitespace. If typical, then add more details that would attract the attention of buyers.

59 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Little-Neko says

@fireform Thank you very much for your comment. You have a point and we gonna work on it. The first try was very minimal and got rejected for genericness, that s why we tried to make it more unique by adding bold typography, more contrasts and more graphical effects. Any additional help?

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wopethemes says

you need better colors , typography , layout. examples: color: your colors are not too highlight . typography : the header is bad. post title , section title …ect the slider is not impressed.

3 posts
nopeatheme says

hello, I found your theme very well, yours was a decline because it is minimalist, you at least have had a clear answer from theme forest, I do not know why my theme was a decline ,this message from theme forest :

We’re sorry, your item alpha – Prestashop Theme has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

We appreciate your submission and look forward to seeing your future submissions.

my theme here : dolphintemplatesboonex.com/Nopea_Templates/Demo_Prestashop_Templates/
1799 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
BroOf says

It’s a very good start. Better than most other request in this section of the forum.

The first thing you should change is the overall typography and use of icons. Take a look at your portfolio 4 column page. The text which appears on hovering over one of the thumbs seems really … uhm… just too big. :) Less is more ;)

However change those few issues and you should be good to go :)

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
vazz says

Guys, if this theme would have been aproved I bet you didn’t see anything wrong with it. Have some personality. Just because a reviewer doesn’t think it’s okay, it isn’t always true. I think this theme looks very good, there’s nothing wrong with it. I would only change the font family and the line height )a little bigger) but that’s all. Good job, congratulations, hope it will be approved because you deserve it !

59 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Little-Neko says

It’s a very good start. Better than most other request in this section of the forum.

The first thing you should change is the overall typography and use of icons. Take a look at your portfolio 4 column page. The text which appears on hovering over one of the thumbs seems really … uhm… just too big. :) Less is more ;)

However change those few issues and you should be good to go :)

Frst thanks for taking time to help us constructively :) We are probably gonna rework the font scale on a global point of view. Maybe bold font wasnt the right direction on the “Road to Uniqueness”. :stress: Thxs again ;)

59 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Little-Neko says

Guys, if this theme would have been aproved I bet you didn’t see anything wrong with it. Have some personality. Just because a reviewer doesn’t think it’s okay, it isn’t always true. I think this theme looks very good, there’s nothing wrong with it. I would only change the font family and the line height )a little bigger) but that’s all. Good job, congratulations, hope it will be approved because you deserve it !
thanxs for your support :)
59 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Little-Neko says

Hello, Finally template was accepted after more work on it… (link to the previous design is no more active now, might be removed by staff i guess) Thanxs all for your comments and help.

by
by
by
by
by
by