2355 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I think I’m one of the last person who have the right to talk about this topic, since my file was recently selected by review team to be featured release of the week. Still, with all due respect towards reviewer selections, IMHO I find there is much, much better projects which deserve to be featured. The first one that comes to my mind is InlifeThrill’s project “Over the edge 3d” (which is kinda above the level of what videohive is), but of course, there is a lot of other great, awesome ones. I’m not really sure what is needed for a certain project to be featured, but again, IMHO, in that section, only the best of the best should be placed. Thoughts?

406 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
nemanja_reMAKE says

I’m with you on this one. Plus the same author is featured author of the week. I found this kind of rude from envato stuff, to give 2 places on the front page to the same author ( and agree the file that is featured is not the best one, there is a lot of files that is way much better ). And when we are talking about this, who is in charge of that ? Who decied who will be featured and weekly feature ?

353 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
DOGmotion says

My thoughts are that it is no accident… anyway again we see: the “feature”, in this case, does not increase sales.

1642 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

yeap, featured files could be better and more unique and more great. Very dissapointing.

especialy with the tubes logo…. I will be rude enough… and say – WTF?!

219 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
yocreative says

I share the same disappointing, guys! I think that this place is reserved to who haven’t featured badges yet. I don’t know. But I gave up a long time ago to trying understand the logic of the choose for featured files! Have unforgetable files on Hive that deserved this place.

92 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
moviePlankton says

Really wrong chooses for featured item. Maybe VH’s authors have to choose Featured item. Something like “google +1” gadget.

92 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
moviePlankton says

Also we have a lot of Broadcast packages as featured item . I think VH reviewer must choose featured items from different categories every week.

492 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
DoubleX says

I remember after just two months being active here my file was featured and me too, all at the same time. Maybe it’s meant to be a way how to inspire new authors so they keep coming with new files. But I’m sure there are a lot of new authors which came with better files so therefore they should have been selected. Whatever :)

1817 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
Mocarg Moderator says

@EFEKT_Studio: Now now boy you said in the comments of my file “Congratz on the feature!” :P Did you mean it? :P

1642 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Mocarg, when you say to people “good day!”, ” have a nice evening!” or “hi how are you?” do you always mean it? :) It is just congratulation. Which has become unconscious overtime.

by
by
by
by
by
by