2297 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

I was surprised after checking how many ‘revel’ items there are on VH.
+1

I guess customers who search may also make mistakes and find mistaken titles. If customer do mistake in some %( like 1 % ) of cases and found 70 ae project (partially mistaken title) is it bigger chance to sell than other 99% cases customer find 2242 projects with correct title? Crazy SEO. :-)

Best Regards, Andrey

lol

952 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
3Ddym says

I asked from envato staff how they featured item, and they said ‘Featured authors are chosen for doing great, unique work and being helpful, positive community members’ but I don’t think they are chosen from that way. Very disappointing about this.

219 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
yocreative says

I agree that new authors need and deserve an incentive. But sincerely, have many many new authors that have more consistent and deserve be featured in first. In my point of view, the author in question have another projects more interesting and elaborated that this one. And the choose of the featured file, It’s important to guide and incentive new authors in direction of “what we like to see in VH”. Anyway, let’s spread the love. This is the main point in sure.

92 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
moviePlankton says

I think new buyers see featured items more than the other items. They have to see VH’s quality there. So Featured Item isn’t good way to give new authors incentive.

20 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
2Tdavididan says

One more thing, i don’t think my project deserves that beating down, maybe it’s not blow your mind, but it is a good project
I like your tubes :) ofcourse- there will always be better projects …otherwise we will never get better! and negative comments are only needed when asked I agree.
I’d love to be featured! I’m patient :)

I would gladly accept feedback on my items I always tell my students that the best way to get better is to get feedback

There have been 33 replies and not one relevant feedback on the item, lol

I heard so many good things about the community here , quite a disappointment

406 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
smudgethis says

I am curious to know how the featured files are chosen. Do they have to be new files? Can an old file that has been on the marketplace for ages but never been featured be chosen as a featured item.

(wink wink nudge nudge) :)

5180 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I usually regard whinging and moaning as a very positive pastime, seeing as it’s the first step on the way to improving something.

Everything can be improved.

Regarding the weekly features, I think spreading the love a bit’s not a bad thing. But on the other hand, those four little slots are really the showcase for what Videohive can offer and one of the few places on the site where a qualitative appraisal takes priority over the quantitative approach.

I’m a bit torn actually. I think I’d be inclined for it to be the absolutely knock-your-socks off work that appears in the four feature slots. And I’d say that despite having been featured many times before, Inlife’s latest tour-de-force work deserves a turn in that slot… simply for being one of the few pieces of work on this marketplace that probably took several months to build.

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hey guys,

I just wanted to step in here quickly to point out one thing. I understand the point of this thread was for feedback but in some sense it seems kind of unfair to call out an author that was featured this week stating that there are other good files that could have been featured instead.

We see tons of great files every week, from both new and veteran authors. When handling the features, we need to try and find a good balance. It’s not always about featuring the “best looking” file, which is subjective anyway.

To be quite honest guys, I’d imagine a similar thread started here if we only featured files from the same 10 guys each week, except people being upset about the opposite situation. Again we try to find a good balance and I think Brian does a pretty great job each week.

2354 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Please, where did I call out anyone? No author in particular was called out. As Brian said, why on the earth would I start this thread, probably risking to not be featured in quite some time (:)) and making reviewers and authors mad? Call me crazy, I dunno, I guess I have special feelings towards this site and I really care about it and other authors. My intention WAS NOT to hurt someones feelings, it really was not. After all Brian set my file as featured as well as Mark before and I am thankful for that. I was trying to make a suggestion as well as some other folks here, but I have a feeling its not welcome. I promise, hold on to my words, that I will never again make this kind of thread. My apologies to everyone. (sorry for typos, typing from phone)

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
thepainterman says

As a buyer I have to be honest I tend to simply go to the openers,video displays etc page and see whats new.I can’t recall ever looking at the weekly featured file\author. As the home page changes too much I find it easier to see what is actually new in the categories I’m interested in by visiting the specific page.

by
by
by
by
by
by