2104 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
fifty_tons says

When I first saw the WEEKLY FEATURES panel, I thought well, great idea, promoting the last week’s “special” items here instead of the blog. But now I saw that the files are randomly chosen, new, old it doesn’t really matter, they’re all stuffed in there. Wouldn’t it be better if in the weekly features section would appear the files from flashden files of the week? Especially because a lot of good files aren’t getting enough exposure and all… Just a thought.

1612 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+5 more
DaniMun says
When I first saw the WEEKLY FEATURES panel, I thought well, great idea, promoting the last week’s “special” items here instead of the blog. But now I saw that the files are randomly chosen, new, old it doesn’t really matter, they’re all stuffed in there. Wouldn’t it be better if in the weekly features section would appear the files from flashden files of the week? Especially because a lot of good files aren’t getting enough exposure and all… Just a thought.

+1

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
LGLab says

+1

579 posts It's just life. Just live it.
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+2 more
agurghis says

+1

694 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
HaziqMir says

+10

2317 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

I dont really follow you, you mean that only the new files can get in the weekly section?

415 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
osigrandi says

The weekly features is the equivalent of the old featured files. Which means they are selected by the site’s admin every week. I am very sure these are not random at all.

50 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Axle_Y says

I have noticed on Graphic River that that the items on the weekly features panel haven’t changed since the redesign (which is definitely more than a week). So it doesn’t look much use to me. The 4 files that are currently shown on load up are set to get loads of exposure without other files getting a look in.

I actually think if the weekly features panel was updating properly it would be a good tool for exposing older files. The newest and most popular files get enough exposure already. I think a few old files thrown in there might provide a bit of unexpected inspiration for people – but only if it updates regularly…

2952 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

They are not random at all. They show the last 4 featured item. So if you are chosen for the weekly featured , you have 1 month a AWESOME visibility :)

Like Jeffrey said , make awesome item and you will have 1 month of visibility :)

2529 posts
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

Hey everyone. Just to clarify, they aren’t randomly chosen. Each week, we select a new featured author and file to promote.

by
by
by
by
by
by