2115 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fifty_tons says

When I first saw the WEEKLY FEATURES panel, I thought well, great idea, promoting the last week’s “special” items here instead of the blog. But now I saw that the files are randomly chosen, new, old it doesn’t really matter, they’re all stuffed in there. Wouldn’t it be better if in the weekly features section would appear the files from flashden files of the week? Especially because a lot of good files aren’t getting enough exposure and all… Just a thought.

1612 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says
When I first saw the WEEKLY FEATURES panel, I thought well, great idea, promoting the last week’s “special” items here instead of the blog. But now I saw that the files are randomly chosen, new, old it doesn’t really matter, they’re all stuffed in there. Wouldn’t it be better if in the weekly features section would appear the files from flashden files of the week? Especially because a lot of good files aren’t getting enough exposure and all… Just a thought.

+1

1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says

+1

590 posts It's just life. Just live it.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
Themes-Dojo says

+1

694 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
HaziqMir says

+10

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

I dont really follow you, you mean that only the new files can get in the weekly section?

415 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says

The weekly features is the equivalent of the old featured files. Which means they are selected by the site’s admin every week. I am very sure these are not random at all.

50 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Axle_Y says

I have noticed on Graphic River that that the items on the weekly features panel haven’t changed since the redesign (which is definitely more than a week). So it doesn’t look much use to me. The 4 files that are currently shown on load up are set to get loads of exposure without other files getting a look in.

I actually think if the weekly features panel was updating properly it would be a good tool for exposing older files. The newest and most popular files get enough exposure already. I think a few old files thrown in there might provide a bit of unexpected inspiration for people – but only if it updates regularly…

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

They are not random at all. They show the last 4 featured item. So if you are chosen for the weekly featured , you have 1 month a AWESOME visibility :)

Like Jeffrey said , make awesome item and you will have 1 month of visibility :)

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Hey everyone. Just to clarify, they aren’t randomly chosen. Each week, we select a new featured author and file to promote.

by
by
by
by
by
by