2201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

Hey guys, I recently started a website that aims to help creatives, you can check out the info below:

WeHelpDesign.com | Q&A for designers.

Wehelpdesign.com is a collaboratively edited question and answer site for designers – regardless of platform or language. The website provides the ability to ask and answer questions regarding the full spectrum of design software available and also deals with questions that are not software related. Anything from Flash® to Photoshop® and from CAD software to Painter and Vegas. It doesn’t matter what brand of software you are using, WeHelpDesign.com will be home for answers to all of them. We also aim to provide a good community for people seeking answers to design questions such as how to prepare items for print or issues with composition and so on.

I learned from the web and this is my way of giving back.

As a tutorial author and item reviewer on graphicriver.net I have noticed two issues. The first is that tutorials provide one way communication. The author often does not reply to questions posed in comments, especially if he’s a guest author OR the article becomes dated and nobody looks at it. A lot of people get stuck at certain steps and sometimes even become angry at the website causing losses for the site. As a reviewer I have noticed that even though authors often have technical skills, they lack the necessary theory behind design. Authors often do not understand typography or composition. Do not understand how to properly group information and the big one, do not know how to prep items for print. These are some of the things that come to mind when thinking of Graphic Design, now imagine all of the other areas. In order to provide a community with answers for and from all sorts of levels, http://www.wehelpdesign.com was created.

The service is by no means competing with tutorial sites. Tutorial websites teach, we simply answer questions. If anything, this website can help tutorial websites to help their readers get through material or as an alternative platform to answer any questions that may popup while reading through a tutorial. Wehelpdesign is not a tutorial blog of any sort and doesn’t aim to be one.

Wehelpdesign truly hopes to help you to become a better designer or artist and to help the world of designers by providing much needed interaction between designers and artists. We hope that one day, every freelancer will understand what CMYK means. :)

Visit the website at http://www.wehelpdesign.com
Follow WHD at http://twitter.com/wehelpdesign

Disclaimer: Thread was created with permission by support, refer to ticket #58021.

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says

As you folks can see, the site is quite low on content right now. These boards are the first place where I’d like to get started. As soon as there’s a little bit of content, we’ll go global.

177 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
conceptcoding says

Stackexchange is full of win.

I endorse this fully, I shall help out as much as I can.

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says
Stackexchange is full of win. I endorse this fully, I shall help out as much as I can.

You have no idea. I discovered stackoverflow like a year ago. I looked at it and I figured…why can’t designers have this??? We have questions!!!

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend of mine who is a genius developer whether or not he’d like to create a stackoverflow clone. He went ‘hmmm, I think you can get it right out of the box’.

After that my heart skipped a beat and the rest is history.

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

nice project Arik…reminds me YahooAnswers, but in a better way.

8234 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Nice job Arik :)

385 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
uDesignStudios says

Definitely a great idea.

I think this one will pick up quickly. It clearly has potential. Good luck Arik.

371 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
QwibbleDesigns says

I’ve put up a question I’ve been pondering over for the last few days =)

I think if designers globablly make use of this, with envato backing, you could be onto something major. Sure, if it became hugely popular you’d have a huge amount of questions being posted, but they’d be answered at the same rate as they were posted so I don’t see a problem with getting too large.

I’m backing this all the way =)

157 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Egypt
+1 more
MahmoudDeiab says

Nice job, Arik! good luck :) I’ll be there if I needed any help!

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says
I’ve put up a question I’ve been pondering over for the last few days =)

I think if designers globablly make use of this, with envato backing, you could be onto something major. Sure, if it became hugely popular you’d have a huge amount of questions being posted, but they’d be answered at the same rate as they were posted so I don’t see a problem with getting too large.

I’m backing this all the way =)

That’s quite a good question because it’s automatically my first policy issue. It’s borderline code :P However stackoverflow wouldn’t necessarily be suited for this since it’s not a strict code question.

by
by
by
by
by
by