• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

I just received an email from someone who want to buy me theme outside of Themeforest via paypal , huh ?!

Did that ever happened to you guys ? I think it’s really weird. Or maybe he just didnt know that I was exclusive to Themeforest.

76 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
g_gilmore says

I’m sure it’s very common for a lot of users. Let’s say you have a $30 theme that you make 50% off of. Someone could offer you $20 or $25 for it outside of TF and you’d make more money and they would save money, by cutting Envato out.

Of course, if you are exclusive, this would be breaking the contract you’ve signed with Envato.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Yeah, that happens every now and then for me. I just let them know the exclusivity contract I’m engaged in with Theme Forest. Only a few of them write back asking to make an exception, lol. The rest either buy from TF or don’t reply/purchase, lol.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says
Yeah, that happens every now and then for me. I just let them know the exclusivity contract I’m engaged in with Theme Forest. Only a few of them write back asking to make an exception, lol. The rest either buy from TF or don’t reply/purchase, lol.

Same here

698 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

Happened to me a lot actually but I never agreed on that one. Either you buy it here or you won’t buy it at all. Simple as that.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

Yep – happens to me from time to time. Usually they want one of the following:

1. Purchase the theme directly from me (no).
2. Swap one theme for another (no).
3. They bought the HTML already and want to pay for an “upgrade” (no).

I just hide behind the exclusivity license… that usually prompts them to just buy the theme a day or two later.

76 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
g_gilmore says
3. They bought the HTML already and want to pay for an “upgrade” (no).
A little off topic, BUT , I think that would be an amazing feature. I suppose some could argue that it would take $10 away from sales from the people that upgrade normally (from HTML to WP, for example), but I actually think the opposite would occur. I think you’ll find more people purchasing the HTML version to fiddle around, maybe set up some graphics, and then upgrading to the WP version when it becomes available.

A lot of times people simply ask, “When will the WP version become available?”. They won’t bother purchasing the HTML at all. If there was an upgrade incentive (at some sort of discounted rate), I think they’d be more inclined to purchase both.

Example:

HTML – $15 WP – $40

Upgrade to WP from HTML – $30/$35

Something like that?

2529 posts
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Hey guys – seriously, you can’t engage in these kinds of practices if you’re an exclusive author with us. If we catch you doing so, we’ll unfortunately be forced to disable your account. :(

Just play it safe and tell them to purchase through ThemeForest. I can understand the desire to make a little extra money by taking out the middle-man (TF), but that would be in breach of your contract with us.

Plus – remember that we puts LOTS and LOTS of money into this marketplace so that your items receive as much exposure as possible. :)

2952 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
Hey guys – seriously, you can’t engage in these kinds of practices if you’re an exclusive author with us. If we catch you doing so, we’ll unfortunately be forced to disable your account. :(

Just play it safe and tell them to purchase through ThemeForest. I can understand the desire to make a little extra money by taking out the middle-man (TF), but that would be in breach of your contact with us.

Plus – remember that we puts LOTS and LOTS of money into this marketplace so that your items receive as much exposure as possible. :)

Oh no don’t worry , I never tought about accepting. Plus , it can be a double agent from TF or someone jaleaous because I make AWESOME (lol) theme and want me to get caught ! :)

213 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
snaz3d says

It’s +1 sale! Why would you do that? xD

by
by
by