• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Romania
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
web_gab says

So Microsoft decided to produce another piece of crap!! I’ve noticed my slider was ruined in the brand new garbage IE9 . I’ve made a quick search and discovered there are gonna be tons of problems with this (so called) “browser”. For instance take a look at the [removed] theme in IE9 : [link removed] Everything it’s broken: menu, teaser, titles in the footer and so on… Microsoft shoule be banned from producing browsers anymore!!!!!

109 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
elemis says

For instance take a look at the [removed] theme in IE9 : [link removed] Everything it’s broken: menu, teaser, titles in the footer and so on…

Actually, nothing is broken. Only Cufon is not working. We had the same issue and after we have updated Cufon, it started working on IE9 as well.

251 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
web_gab says

I keep navigating and I’m amazed! 100% of the themes I checked here on theme forest have problems with IE9 ! Including themeforest website! (the mouse over preview doesn’t work, the main page it’s different from the other browser, looks like it shows the previous layout of themeforest). Most of the jquery dropdown menus does not work… So let’s have fun with IE9 :)

197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
themeva says

My new update is massively delayed because of IE9 …. now having to find ways to get things to work which worked fine in IE8 . I wonder if enough web devs got together we could sue Microsoft.

Google need to start making TV commercials to advertise their browser awell…

3423 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

@web_gab I know it was not your intention to bash the theme you mentioned, but please refrain from calling out individual themes in the forums. Thanks.

Theme Name/Links removed.

251 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
web_gab says

@web_gab I know it was not your intention to bash the theme you mentioned, but please refrain from calling out individual themes in the forums. Thanks. Theme Name/Links removed.

I am really sorry about that. Indeed it wasn not my intention. I could give at least 20 other themes here that are broken in IE9 . Most of the themes I’ve checked here has small, medium or big issues in this “browser”. It’s just that I am so angry about this new garbage from Microsoft! I got the feeling this is going to be a big pain in the a** for most of the developers (for me it is already!).

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

fortunately we only had to replace cufon with the newer version and update mootools library… the one nice thing about ie9 is that it renders font face fonts very nice, better than anything i have seen on windows.

3423 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

I am really sorry about that. Indeed it wasn not my intention. I could give at least 20 other themes here that are broken in IE9 . Most of the themes I’ve checked here has small, medium or big issues in this “browser”. It’s just that I am so angry about this new garbage from Microsoft! I got the feeling this is going to be a big pain in the a** for most of the developers (for me it is already!).

No worries :) I know your comment was actually in defense of the theme authors – just didn’t want anyone to be singled out here ;)

I couldn’t agree more with you that IE9 is going to be a huge frustration, and it’s a headache I’m not looking forward to dealing with myself :| Microsoft would be doing us all a huge favor if they just stopped building web browsers

251 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
web_gab says

I couldn’t agree more with you that IE9 is going to be a huge frustration, and it’s a headache I’m not looking forward to dealing with myself :| Microsoft would be doing us all a huge favor if they just stopped building web browsers

+1

4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
neat says

IE9 broke Cufon for me, and the fixes I found on here don’t work :Z

It seems that’s about it though, at least for now.

IE fixes are sort of fun, you can bill for them =)

by
by
by
by
by
by