1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

I understand all of the points stated in this thread, but a 5% Paypal fee off 4 payments of $5 is the same as 5% off $20… you’re still paying them 5% no matter what.

76 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
g_gilmore says

I would have to completely side with the thread starter here.

I’m glad that Envato are working on this problem, so there’s not really too much point in arguing about it until we see what they do with it.

I would be pissed off too if I just wanted a $3 script and had to deposit $20. There’s absolutely no way I would deposit that money.

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
albrad84 says

I can understand having a minimum, but at least allow custom deposit amounts above that minimum. I just signed up for the first time (literally 5 minutes ago) and I only want to buy one wordpress theme that costs $25. I don’t see any scenario where I’ll need to buy another theme here, so I’m basically being charged $5 extra because I can only deposit either $20 or $30. That is ridiculous.

Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says
I can understand having a minimum, but at least allow custom deposit amounts above that minimum. I just signed up for the first time (literally 5 minutes ago) and I only want to buy one wordpress theme that costs $25. I don’t see any scenario where I’ll need to buy another theme here, so I’m basically being charged $5 extra because I can only deposit either $20 or $30. That is ridiculous.

Yeah, that’s definitely their fault on that one. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to deposit a custom amount above the limit.

415 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says

To be honest I was annoyed by this as well some while ago on a different, now closed buyer account. I think I actually let some funds ‘expire’.

951 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says
marketing?...which marketing?...they ask us authors to advertise our own stuff and still charge us 60%!!! Interesting for you would be to read this thread ...i start to ask my self why i am still here LOL .

Oh you’re soooo right.. I think the amount of 208,515 members was established, just by the marketing of the users :) Envato doesn’t do any kind of marketing.. Right..

Also, they advise you to market your own stuff, so you’ll increase your sales. That 60% will eventually go down, if you put enough effort in doing so..

Also, if you’re asking yourself why you’re still here.. answer that question, if it’s a positive answer; Why are you even talking like this.. If it’s a negative answer; stop hanging around here..

To be honest I was annoyed by this as well some while ago on a different, now closed buyer account. I think I actually let some funds ‘expire’.
That’s impossible, as these funds expire after a year, and you’re only member for a month (or 2)..

I like the idea of a minimum, and after that, custom deposits.. and then let 20 be the minimum.

Also, you don’t ‘lose’ the money, you can still use it to buy some nifty graphics at GF (they start at $1 already)

238 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Mastergreed says

Why is it that most people see the glass half empty, while they should see it half full? ;)

+6 more
PixelBin says
Why is it that most people see the glass half empty, while they should see it half full? ;)

It depends what’s in the glass you know? ;) And what kinda glass… Okay, I’m thirsty. :)

238 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Mastergreed says

It depends what’s in the glass you know? ;) And what kinda glass… Okay, I’m thirsty. :)

True, true…

415 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says
That’s impossible, as these funds expire after a year, and you’re only member for a month (or 2)..
You did read the part where I mentioned I had a different account which is no longer active, right?
by
by
by
by
by
by